Say something positive

Uplifting thread!

DW finishes her contract on Friday. We'll be ER again!

Our kids are independent, happy and not at home.

We have good health, sufficient income, no major concerns.

I printed a couple of springtime photos, framed them and hung in the entry hallway.

Attachments

• Park photos 2010-04-08 003 copy.jpg
    Park photos 2010-04-08 003 copy.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 1
Disagreeable symptoms that were a real nuisance up until a few years ago are now almost entirely gone.

My Thanksgiving cactus is blooming, the sun is shining and it's a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 1
Man am I glad this day is coming to an end.

I'm absolutely positive that it is a beautiful 76 degrees, no clouds and a light breeze here in lovely Las Vegas.

I have a lot of positive things going on right now! In fact, I feel my life is close to perfect. Three weeks ago, I quit a j*b I hated, and am now working for a friend as a short-term contractor. The pay is decent and I have a lot more freedom. I only work on projects, and don't have to worry about managing people. It's completely stress-free, plus my friend is a great boss.

I have also just been offered my dream j*b with the US Foreign Service, which starts in early January. I will take 3 weeks off in December to move, visit family, and travel to Florida for 2 weeks.

Next year will bring more adventures, as I have no idea where in the world I will be sent and what foreign language I will learn to speak. Of course I have no illusion that everything will be perfect (it never is, especially with a j*b), but it's as close to my dream job as it comes. Since I am probably 10 years away from FIRE, I'll take an exciting, unpredictable job over one that is demoralizing and boring.

P.S. Forgive my over-exuberance on my new j*b! I know it's probably inappropriate for an ER board, but it's an important milestone for me. If I were to FIRE today, I would probably be learning a foreign language and living in a foreign country anyway. I feel very fortunate and grateful to have this opportunity.

When I look into my granddaughter's eyes, the world seems a better place.

Next year will bring more adventures, as I have no idea where in the world I will be sent and what foreign language I will learn to speak.
You'll be in charge of personal security for Ed_the_Gypsy during his Pakistan sojourn...

You'll be in charge of personal security for Ed_the_Gypsy during his Pakistan sojourn...

I'll be his designated taxi driver! I personally am in the "no go" camp on his thread, even though I might still be assigned there some day. :hide:

I'm building bone density and muscles. Tummy is flatter.

I have a lot of positive things going on right now! In fact, I feel my life is close to perfect. Three weeks ago, I quit a j*b I hated, and am now working for a friend as a short-term contractor. The pay is decent and I have a lot more freedom. I only work on projects, and don't have to worry about managing people. It's completely stress-free, plus my friend is a great boss.

I have also just been offered my dream j*b with the US Foreign Service, which starts in early January. I will take 3 weeks off in December to move, visit family, and travel to Florida for 2 weeks.

Next year will bring more adventures, as I have no idea where in the world I will be sent and what foreign language I will learn to speak. Of course I have no illusion that everything will be perfect (it never is, especially with a j*b), but it's as close to my dream job as it comes. Since I am probably 10 years away from FIRE, I'll take an exciting, unpredictable job over one that is demoralizing and boring.

P.S. Forgive my over-exuberance on my new j*b! I know it's probably inappropriate for an ER board, but it's an important milestone for me. If I were to FIRE today, I would probably be learning a foreign language and living in a foreign country anyway. I feel very fortunate and grateful to have this opportunity.

Congratulations!!!! I am so impressed, GoodSense. Please be sure to keep posting about your new adventures!

Is this really a positive thread?

I'm positive that I adore my forum friends :flowers:...and especially one in particular...you know who you are. ;)

Geee....
I didn't think we were going to tell everybody?:whistle:
Steve

Ahhhh....the cat's out of the bag now....:D

Westernskies is a lucky man..........:D

Shhhhh....don't tell Steve. :whistle:

That's my bbbamI, taking a good ole' page from the freebird playbook...........:cool:

I wonder how many Charlie Browns there are on this forum. :cool:

CharlieBrownFootball.jpg

I learned how to swing a golf club today!!! :D

I'm quite positive I swallowed a tea leaf today...instead of a bug. :-\

My tax documents are at the accountant's and the sun was out today after a week of rain and snow and gloom. Of course, I got a revised 1099 in the mail today so I guess I will be running by the accountant's on Monday...

Back
Top Bottom