• Annually

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • What is sexual intimacy ?

Votes: 56 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
At the urging of others in another thread it was suggested a poll be taken as to the frequency of sexual relations among the geriatric crowd here on the forum. A few qualifiers, sexual relations is defined as intimacy to completion of the act. We don't want to get into a discussion of splitting hairs concerning what intimacy is or completion of the act. The act has to be with another person, spouse, significant other, etc. This isn't euchre so "going alone" doesn't count. If you would like to add any other information that may be pertinent, feel free do so by commenting below the poll. Participants should be at least 65 years of age. If you are younger, feel free to comment but please don't skew the poll.

I just turned 64 so I'll be monitoring this thread with bated breath to see what I am in for in the near future. :LOL:

Last edited:
I just turned 64 so I'll be monitoring this thread with baited breath to see what I am in for in the near future. :LOL:

Well, if your breath is baited it might be interfering with sexual frequency. Just saying. :D :cool:

Will be 64 in 16 days, so will also be closely monitoring.

Last edited:
Does this include the times people say "F*** You"?

(Oh, and you misspelled 'Weakly'.)

Who needs it when saving $10 on Turbotax is almost as good.

Last edited:
Its sunday afternoon so I know what I'm doing.....but I cant tell you as I'm 63.

Following closely

:popcorn:
Well, if your breath is baited it might be interfering with sexual frequency. Just saying. :D :cool:

Will be 64 in 16 days, so will also be closely monitoring.

Plus 1 so I'll check back in about a year from now. But DW purchased 2 baby yorkshire terriers a year ago and they seem to like to sleep with us. Needless to say my frequency took a nose-dive shortly thereafter!:popcorn:

As Christianity moved away from Jewish teaching, some things were changed. For example, there was no longer a need to keep Kosher. In some ways a good thing since bacon was now on the menu. It also eliminated the need for circumcision which at least for half of us, a less painful way to experience your 8th day of life.

When it comes to sex however, it seems Christianity does not emphasize the weekly opportunity that Friday night (the traditional Jewish Sabbath) brings " The Mishnah Torah - a collection of religious Jewish law, compiled by Maimonides in the 12th Century - calls out sex as an integral part of Shabbat practice: “Sexual relations are considered a dimension of Sabbath pleasure.”

If this was part of religious Christian code, Sunday could look very different and the poll might may have a few more check marks.

(Note, this is not meant to start a religious conversation. It is historical and my understanding of religious evolution. All meant in fun about this question)

We don't want to get into a discussion of splitting hairs concerning what intimacy is or completion of the act.

But really, doesn't it seems appropriate to answer this question regrading sexual intimacy before responding to this poll ?

"It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is"

Last edited:
I didn't vote since there was no biweekly option.

For the person that voted daily you're my hero:LOL:

Twice weekly until my husband got prostrate cancer at 49 and had treatment.

I voted daily, but I suspect some people are lying. :mad:

As Christianity moved away from Jewish teaching, some things were changed. For example, there was no longer a need to keep Kosher. In some ways a good thing since bacon was now on the menu. It also eliminated the need for circumcision which at least for half of us, a less painful way to experience your 8th day of life.

When it comes to sex however, it seems Christianity does not emphasize the weekly opportunity that Friday night (the traditional Jewish Sabbath) brings " The Mishnah Torah - a collection of religious Jewish law, compiled by Maimonides in the 12th Century - calls out sex as an integral part of Shabbat practice: “Sexual relations are considered a dimension of Sabbath pleasure.”

If this was part of religious Christian code, Sunday could look very different and the poll might may have a few more check marks.

(Note, this is not meant to start a religious conversation. It is historical and my understanding of religious evolution. All meant in fun about this question)

Interesting, and if it was part of the Christian code a lot more young folks would attending Sunday service :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom