Songs that make you dance

I was at the Montreal "Just For Laugh" Festival. and an act did a cover of the song there, and the crowd went crazy dancing to it.

YMCA - YouTube

Mambo Rock
Hey mambo, mambo rock
Hey mambo, mambo rock
Hey mambo, mambo rock
Everybody's doing it, mambo rock
There's an island in the Caribbean Sea
Where the natives dance and rock with plea
The mambo dance in a different way
They do the crazy mambo rock all day​

These Oriental women are not in the Caribbean, but they still do the Mambo Rock.

Mambo Rock - Line Dance (Dance & Teach in English &

Last edited:
I discovered I have a relative that came from Latin America. So here's one to shake your thing to.

When I see bands, I notice if someone looks at a player with a nod of appreciation. The drummer, who is great himself, does that to the organist.

http://youtu.be/XIYAwd7dtZQ

"Perfidia" was a piece of music that we used to dance the Cha Cha to in high school. Until recently, I never knew it was a song with lyrics. It was written in 1939 by Alberto Domínguez, a Mexican composer. Following is the English version.

Julie London- Perfidia - YouTube

Last edited:
I did not know of Robben Ford and the above song, but this reminded me of Michel Polnareff, a French singer of the 60s who towards the end of his active career started to dress in risqué stage clothes, and that earned him a rumor that he was gay. He ended up having to declare the opposite in a song called Je suis un homme (I am a man), and when that wasn't enough he published a photo of him and a woman, both naked. :)

I love the old stuff but I also love searching for the next song that grabs me.

This is from one of the Putumayo collections.

Back
Top Bottom