Songs that make you dance

Here's a song performed live by the band Pink Martini. This song would surely get the legs of rumba dancers twitchy. Well, even those of non-dancers... Thomas Lauderdale, the pianist, and the singer, China Forbes, are good friends and founders of this band.

From Wikipedia, I learned that "Amado Mio" ("My Lover") is a song from the classic 1946 film noir Gilda, written by Allan Roberts & Doris Fisher. The piece was mimed by Rita Hayworth and sung by Anita Kert Ellis.

PINK MARTINI - Amado Mio. Live in Portland. High definition quality (HD) - YouTube

The following youtube link has this song from the debut CD of the band, "Sympathique". Of course it has better audio, due to studio recording.

Pink Martini - Amado mio - YouTube

You may remember that CuppaJoe introduced us to the title track of this CD by a post on this forum. Lauderdale and Forbes collaborated on the original song "Sympathique", whose lyrics was inspired by a poem by Guillaume Apollinaire. "Sympathique" won a nomination for "Song of the Year" in France.

Last edited:
Here's a song performed live by the band Pink Martini. This song would surely get the legs of rumba dancers twitchy. Well, even those of non-dancers... Thomas Lauderdale, the pianist, and the singer, China Forbes, are good friends and founders of this band.

From Wikipedia, I learned that "Amado Mio" ("My Lover") is a song from the classic 1946 film noir Gilda, written by Allan Roberts & Doris Fisher. The piece was mimed by Rita Hayworth and sung by Anita Kert Ellis.

What a lovely song! And sung so well, too. I had never heard the song, or Pink Martini either, so thanks for introducing me to it and them. :flowers:

Lambada.

Do three minutes, get rid of your rowing machine.

At the gym today, I was sort of slogging through my usual workout when this began to play:

Talk about energy! Those weights seem to lift themselves for a while. :D Since there isn't a thread called "Songs that make you want to finish your workout when you're so, so tired and not enthused", I think this one would be OK.

Edited to add: For the best effect, turn up the volume on your computer all the way. Kick off those saddle shoes and dance in your bobbie socks...

Last edited:
My all-time favorite:

village+people.jpg

I heard this on the radio in the car last night..it never fails to get me moving.
This Andrews Sisters Version from back in the War years was really popular. It is still a popular Lindy Hop song.

Another great one from those years, with the great actress/ singer and a most beautiful woman, Dorothy Dandridge. Plus the best dancers (IMO) of the past century, the Nicholas Brothers.

73- great clips! Some of those guys doing the stroll look like they are still in 4th grade!

Ha

Last edited:
Love this....explicit lyrics, but they are the whole point of the song

Not the Andrews sisters

and finally some Sabbath by the Dresden Dolls......I was there! virtuoso drumming!

Last edited:
I look like Chief Working Bull twirling around my living room floor when I play this on my stereo. Love to dust to it.

Back
Top Bottom