Songs that make you dance

This picture made me think of Ha. So I think we need some tango dancing.

Attachments

• dance.jpg
    dance.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I don't know how you can't dance, or at least start bopping around like a maniac when you listen to this. Those young Beatles are so cute, and check out the cameo by the Queen Mum.

"Sway" is an English version of a 1953 Mexican mambo song. Dean Martin recorded it in 1954.

When marimba rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more...

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have that magic technique
When we sway I go weak​

Sway - YouTube

Recently, there's a revival by Michael Buble.

Michael Buble - Sway (Lyrics in the description) - YouTube

I danced to this song (and many others) at a party last Saturday night. The last time I danced to this particular song, I was in my 30's. That night I felt and danced like I was in my 30's again. :)

I won't say how old I felt when I crawled into bed that night. :dead:

Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me - YouTube

Another song that reflects my love of oldies. The original song "Quizás, Quizás, Quizás" was written by a Cuban songwriter in 1947. This song was recorded over the world, with lyrics rewritten in many languages. Doris Day recorded the following in 1964.

Doris Day ~~~ Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps - YouTube

This will mean nothing to anyone but me... using this as a bookmark.
:LOL:
The Meddiebempsters is/are an augmented octet that has been a icon in my college for 75 years. Two of my frat brothers were members in the late fifties. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowdoin_College
One is in this video. They travel all over the world giving concerts every summer and are a standard at the Boston Pops. These are the songs that bring a tear to my eye... Things like this become more important when ya get older.

BTW.. this took place in the Studzynski Hall... a $15 million makeover of the swimming pool where I lived (scholarship room) from 1955 to 1958.

Meddiebempsters' 75th Reunion.mov - YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom