Things you just don't get !

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
Is there something you just don't get ? I don't know whether I am getting old but I just do not get Planking !

Of course, I couldn't pick just one thing I don't understand, for example explain zen to me...

1. I just don't get people who insist on stopping in the doorway to chat, especially when an event has just ended.

2. I just don't get people who take the elevator to go up one or two flights of stairs. Particularly those who teach in the health profession and who are overweight as well.

Gambling for entertainment mystifies me.

I don't get:

Why do women insist on half a dozen pillows on a bed. Which of course must be made up just so....

Then the pillows on every couch and easy chair. They definitely are a pain when just wanting to plop down.

:D:LOL::D:);)
confused.gif

As long as his wife doesn't read it he's okay ! I'm a woman and I get the pillows .

I've asked her many times. The answer is because it looks good. I still don't get it.

Was hoping for independent explanation.

Moemg said:
Is there something you just don't get ? I don't know whether I am getting old but I just do not get Planking !

I agree, it's dumb.

But I sort of get that people do it in e same way that people used to cram a bunch of people into telephone booths. It's about on the same level of W?BIC, IMO.

I don't get:

Why do women insist on half a dozen pillows on a bed. Which of course must be made up just so....

Then the pillows on every couch and easy chair. They definitely are a pain when just wanting to plop down.

+1 drives me crazy, always in the way.

Things you just don't get....

......most reality shows and why they are so popular.

I don't get people who pay money for the gym and then drive for a half hour trying to find a spot up front!

I don't get:

It's in that chromosome thingy that makes them female. They all do it. Well, almost all.

It's the same reason the sky is blue, the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, and gravity exists. There is no rational/reasonable reason.

But if too many pillows makes her happy, that makes me happy, so it's good.

I don't get people who pay money for the gym and then drive for a half hour trying to find a spot up front!
I remember an old Shoe cartoon.......Cosmo says "I'd like to exercise, but the track's a mile away and I've no way of getting there".

I don't get the whole sports fan thing. Yay my team! Don't understand the fervor of watching a ball being knocked around.

It's the same reason the sky is blue, the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, and gravity exists. There is no rational/reasonable reason.

Just a second there -- gravity is the law.

I don't get the whole sports fan thing. Yay my team! Don't understand the fervor of watching a ball being knocked around.
I'm always puzzled by the "we won today" comments, you were sitting on your couch watching at the time...

+1

Add to that the question of "how were your investment returns last year, or YTD?"

Does it really matter what happened in such a short term?

Ask me how DW/my returns have done over the last three decades? Well, that's worth discussion...

Yes, I do not get it either? It's just a game. The whole thing about this player/coach this and that player/coach that is not at all interesting. I remember on tv there was a young man who mentioned that he did not get hardly any any sleep the night before some championship game was to take place, where he was a fan of the team playing. He then became so excited that the team won, that he was up all the following night and could not sleep:confused:? (He got hardly any sleep for two days)

Back
Top Bottom