Time for the Annual Target Gift Card Sale

Another Reader

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Every year Target puts their gift cards on sale for 10 percent off. Total limit is $500. I buy the $500 card for my household and spend it throughout the year on things I need that are on sale. This year the gift card sale is today and tomorrow.

Of course, you could buy one or several as gifts as well...

A bunch of restaurants do this each year too.

Example Chilis gives a $10 bonus card for each $50 GC bought, a 20% "savings". The catch is the bonus card is only good in January.

On Black Friday, some were giving $20 bonus for each $50 GC bought.

I bought $100 worth, as 4 bonuses to use in Jan is enough for us.

Check Costco too. They have various restaurants where you pay $70 to $80 for $100 worth of cards. I bought cards for our local Bluebridge and Cohn restaurant groups when I was in the warehouse this week, but there are lots of national chains available online. https://www.costco.com/restaurant-gift-cards.html

They also have Southwest Airlines at 10% off.

Every year Target puts their gift cards on sale for 10 percent off. Total limit is $500. This year the gift card sale is today and tomorrow.
If you have the Cash app, they have a 4% discount on Target.com purchases that stacks with the 10% Off Target gift cards. You do have to buy the GC insde the Cash app for this to work.

I got a $200 Target gift card for $172.80 with the stack.

Bought a couple of $100 Target cards. Usually do this each year.

Also, bought a Chili's $50 card and got two $10 bonus cards. They seem to do this double offer a couple of times during the holidays.

Thanks! I occasionally order something for pickup from target. This should do it.

Last edited:
Thanks we were going to Target Tuesday to pick a few things, but changed to today. On a side note our target has a 50% off sign on container of Raw mixed nuts that they haven’t taken down. It’s been up several months. So I pick up 4 containers, take a picture of the tag and when it rings up wrong get it corrected. We’ve got a good stockpile and instead of 16.99 each we have gotten them for 8.49. One guy gave them to me for 7.50 as they rang up for on sale for 14.99. Always check the posted prices and compare to what they ring up.

I bought two of the $100.00 ones from Target.

Wife and I both cashed in on this. Both bought $500.00 We shop at Target a lot throughout the year.

Sams and Costco both have a rack where they sell all sorts of gift cards with, from piddly to prodigious discounts. We watch these closely as it's nice to send cards as Christmas gifts to our mainland family and friends. Close family get actual packages (typically, Hawaii-centric gifts) that may cost near $30 just to mail. Most others get gift cards that fly for the price of a Forever stamp. Win-win!

My BFF who takes care of my Buick all winter gets a $100 in gift cards from Golden Coral. It's a real trough, but BFF and his DW love it. We were able to find a discount of $37/$50 (X2). Gift cards rule.

Thanks for the gift card reminder.
I usually buy a stash of target gift cards during the sale every year for kids birthday gifts throughout the year.
I also almost forgot about the restaurant gift cards I get for my sons family. The local steakhouse usually does a 20% off if you buy $100 worth, so actually only spending $80. Totally worth it and my sons favorite place to eat.

While at the target website I saw toys are on sale and went looking at those which reminded me about getting my grandson Pokémon cards.
I had seen some at Costco so went to that website. Then checked Sam’s. $15 less at Sam’s!
Ordered!

This is my first holiday season since retiring and I really need to get organized.
Good thing I’m going shopping in the big city tomorrow. [emoji41]

I have bought the discounted Target cards the 1st weekend in December the last few years. They also had a similar sale in the Fall this year. I get a card for each grand niece and grand nephew each yr for Christmas. They can buy what they want. Then we also get a few extra for ourselves.

With my Target Red Card I also bought a few restaurant gift cards thru Target on-line and got the 5% off. (Not a special weekend...just normal shopping.)

Back
Top Bottom