Too much stuff

There are people I'd love to send that to, but I'll be good.

When we moved into this house 15 months ago, I considered buying the garage hang from the roof storage grids to store the extra stuff we had shoved in the garage.  When I priced them, it would cost 1600.00 for the 4 units.  It occurred to me that getting rid of the stuff was cheaper than storing it, so I hunted around and found Freecycle.org.  

Got rid of some furniture that was filing a big chunk of space and never looked back.  My first 'job' after I ER next week will be to start all the antique glassware I inherited, on Ebay.  And clearing out more of the garage.  

Can't wait to have the time to spend on it.   :)

The future cost of stuff is interesting. When my wifes cousins were working on her house last year (couple of 20-somethings) they asked me about how to invest and put money away. I pointed out the easiest place to start...every morning they went up to the corner market and bought an egg faux-mcmuffin and a designer coffee...six bucks. I told them what that six bucks would be worth if they ate a bowl of oatmeal at home and made a cup of coffee to go and invested the other $5.50 until they were 65. Jaws dropped.

Not without a note, hell no.............

Obscure Carlin reference. :p

Back
Top Bottom