Tuna-mint

Red Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, another Master's tournament concluded.

We lived in the burbs of Augusta from 91 to 06. A little secret about Augusta - - - about 80% (or more) of golf carts are built there.

Anyway, my job got me on the Augusta National about 7 times during the "game" while we lived there. I always had one or more extra badges and took friends or co-workers with me.

I played golf for a few years, but decided I didn't have time to dedicate to the game. After tiring of being the D player, I went back to hunting and fishing, where being in the woods and water is fun.

Here's where it get interesting... A BIL from SF knew I lived in Martinez (GA), but no idea that it was burbs of Augusta. Nor did he know that I routinely went to the "tuna-mint." His religion is golf....He's done the Scotland golf thing and other mission trip in the name of golf.

Just after relocating to NC, biz took me to SF for a supplier meeting. I contacted sis for a dinner meet up before my red eye back to the right coast.

Anyway, over dinner, my golf nut BIL slowly realized that he missed at least a few opportunities to walk the hallowed grounds of golf Mecca. And with my newly minted relo / job change, access to the master's ended He doesn't profess to hate me, but I have my suspicions.

Congrats Patrick!

Back
Top Bottom