What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I just ordered another roll of drawer liner for my toolboxes, and a bible. Amazon classifies both as "non-essential". Supposed to come in April 21 - by 8pm.

Amazon seems to be underpromising lately, as they try to prioritize their shipments. Everything I've ordered recently has been delivered at least one day earlier than they predicted, and in one case a full three days early.

There are anecdotes of some Prime drivers working to death, maybe being weakened and more vulnerable to infection.

Or some other health issue.

3 bags of Lavazza coffee. 2.2 pounds a bag, one kilo.

I plan on selling them for $100 each in a few weeks. [emoji48]

Wireless headphones so I can watch the TV without disturbing DW. These things are extremely comfortable and have great sound quality. Very happy with them.

Sennheiser RS-175

I've got an earlier version of those I've been using for 10 years. Had to replace the battery once, and they still work great. I've tried to get my hard-of-hearing friend to get some so he doesn't have to turn the TV up so loud, but he says he doesn't have a problem. Oh well.

The two food items I recently ordered from Amazon are vanilla milk and a can of turkey. On Ebay I just ordered EPDM rubber bands. A pet peeve of mine is that regular rubber bands don't last long enough and I recently relied on them for packaging and I have reason to believe they failed after a few months.

I recently ordered some cleaner for electronic screens. It was supposed to arrive Sunday about a week after ordering. Sunday I got an e-mail with a revised date of next Friday so now it's a cancelled order. Amazon can not keep up with the orders. I also pay for prime and am now wondering why.

Amazon seems to be underpromising lately, as they try to prioritize their shipments. Everything I've ordered recently has been delivered at least one day earlier than they predicted, and in one case a full three days early.
Yes, I’ve seen they are very conservative in their delivery estimates and have gotten sooner dates after ordering.

I’m glad they are making this not-the-usual-Prime-delivery policy change clear, and prioritizing what they consider essential items as well as hiring a large number of folks to help with the increased demand.

I don’t mind waiting a few more days to receive regular stuff.

I recently ordered some cleaner for electronic screens. It was supposed to arrive Sunday about a week after ordering. Sunday I got an e-mail with a revised date of next Friday so now it's a cancelled order. Amazon can not keep up with the orders. I also pay for prime and am now wondering why.

Maybe because this is an unusual situation?

Last edited:
I don’t mind waiting a few more days to receive regular stuff.

+1

I ordered tool chest drawer liner 3/1 received 3/2

I need more, so I ordered more 3/22. Supposed to get here 4/21.

So delivery time for the same item went from 1 day to 1 month over the course of 3 weeks. But I'm ok with it. I can wait.

I found some hand sanitizer in stock at Amazon for the first time since I started looking for it last month. Even though it is in stock it still shows a delivery date of April 21. So I guess even hand sanitizer is not considered essential?

You DO realize that there is a pandemic going on out there, right?

You DO realize that there is a pandemic going on out there, right?
Along those lines (re: Amazon Prime), it would be great if Amazon extended the active Prime memberships of everyone by a month. If I had a membership coming due soon, I probably would let it expire and wait until deliveries were back to a few days rather than weeks or a month.

Actually, I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that while other people are experiencing delays (just as I expected to see), my fast response is probably because I live near a large Amazon fulfillment center. So maybe it's not underpromising but simply a matter of being easier for them to get local orders out.

Actually, I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion that while other people are experiencing delays (just as I expected to see), my fast response is probably because I live near a large Amazon fulfillment center. So maybe it's not underpromising but simply a matter of being easier for them to get local orders out.

I was thinking that, and perhaps it depends on what items are warehoused where. Yesterday I ordered two grinding wheels that are very similar. One will be here in two days. The other is scheduled for April 21. So maybe the latter is in a warehouse that also has more much-needed stuff so the grinder wheel (which isn't critical for anything) can wait.

Along those lines (re: Amazon Prime), it would be great if Amazon extended the active Prime memberships of everyone by a month. If I had a membership coming due soon, I probably would let it expire and wait until deliveries were back to a few days rather than weeks or a month.

If shipping were the only consideration I might agree, but I get most of my Prime money's worth from streaming. The shipping was the original reason for signing up, but it's definitely secondary now. Especially now.

There is no shortage of Kindle devices and they still show a 2 day shipping speed. Apparently Amazon has deemed them essential. How convenient for them.

Ordered a small kitchen cabinet in person at Home Depot last Friday because they were out of stock but in stock, up the interstate. HD said it would be delivered Saturday by noon, it would save us a 15 mile trip north. It is Monday and nobody at HD or Fedex knows where it is, but a shipping tag was created on Friday morning.

Washable bamboo towels that replace paper towels.

My paper towel and paper napkins supply is running a bit low and they still are a bit difficult to find any available for an okay price. Thought I'd try the washable, reuseable route.

It's not an emergency yet as I took the sweetened offer of the shipment arriving about a week later than normal prime for $3 credit on digital purchases instead of the paltry $1 credit pre-corona-19.

Attachments

• bamboo towels.jpg
    bamboo towels.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 33
A 19 gallon laundry tub on legs. I'm anticipating doing laundry by hand. I'll put it in or next to the bathtub and use the shower to fill it. I think I need more hangers. I already have tarps to protect the floor from drips. I wonder if I'll be creating a breeding ground for coronavirus by hanging wet laundry in my apartment. It will probably take three days for the towels to dry.

A 19 gallon laundry tub on legs. I'm anticipating doing laundry by hand. I'll put it in or next to the bathtub and use the shower to fill it. I think I need more hangers. I already have tarps to protect the floor from drips. I wonder if I'll be creating a breeding ground for coronavirus by hanging wet laundry in my apartment. It will probably take three days for the towels to dry.

They'll dry faster if you put them in your oven (NOT your microwave). Convection setting is best. :D

Box of 80 rolls of toilet paper. 2 ply, 500 sheets a roll. Not as good as the 1000 sheet Scott but beggars can't be choosers and the photo of the toilet paper sheets doesn't look like a tree bark :( like some of the others being sold.

At least when the arrive (on Friday), I'll be able to sleep at night.

Attachments

• toilet paper.jpg
    toilet paper.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 26
  • tp.jpg
    tp.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Declined an offer from my neighbor, who runs a restaurant, to let me buy in on a deal for 9" rolls of TP.

LOL My asset allocation is already over weighted with commercial paper.

Just ordered Vet's Best Hairball Relief tablets for cats from Amazon. Will arrive in two days. I guess the image of cats deciding in the middle of the night to try and expel a fur ball under the owner's bed designated this product as "essential". :LOL:

Last edited:
Variable-temperature electric kettle from Oxo and a milk frother. Enjoying chai lattes at home. Oh, and I was getting low on cat litter, but Amazon price was 75% higher! I ordered from Walmart instead.

1000 paper napkins. Not schedule to arrive until about a month away.

I'm still in paper products survival mode.

Back
Top Bottom