What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A very basic $22 drone, for getting a lightweight fishing line over a tree on our property, to support a long-wire radio antenna.

Impressive and clever. I've always relied on my trusty slingshot, but I like your idea!

Impressive and clever. I've always relied on my trusty slingshot, but I like your idea!

The last time I got a line over this particular tree, it was with a slingshot and a lead sinker. I was taking a big chance though, as I'm in a built-up area, with plenty of windows and parked cars. I got lucky that time, but don't want to chance my luck a second time!

The very cheap drones that cost around $20 are, as you can imagine, neither the most feature-rich or stable. They're more like toys, intended mainly for playing with indoors. I questioned their worth in this role, but came across a blog-post by a ham who has used one for this very purpose, with success (his was $16, but the post was a few years old). I'm going to use the very lightest fishing line I can find (4lb test). Worst case scenario is that it either doesn't work, or I crash it. For just $22, it will be a fun experiment.

The last thing I ordered from Amazon, was 96 oz of Jif creamy peanut butter. I didn't buy any for months after the Jif PB food poisoning scandal, but by now I think/hope it is OK.

I ordered a hard hat so I will no longer split my scalp open when messing around in the attic. [emoji43]*[emoji94]

The last thing I ordered from Amazon, was 96 oz of Jif creamy peanut butter. I didn't buy any for months after the Jif PB food poisoning scandal, but by now I think/hope it is OK.
Yeah, I was burned by the Jif peanut butter recall too. Now I buy Skippy and Skippy brand only.

Yeah, I was burned by the Jif peanut butter recall too. Now I buy Skippy and Skippy brand only.
I have been substituting Skippy for Jif, too. I guess I'm picky, though - - I just don't like it as much as I like Jif so I want to go back to Jif. :blush:

Same with my wyze camera ($30) and my eufy camera ($35) no subscription cost.
Allows me to give a real review about the delivery.

Where does it store the video and how long does it store the video?

The last time I got a line over this particular tree, it was with a slingshot and a lead sinker. I was taking a big chance though, as I'm in a built-up area, with plenty of windows and parked cars. I got lucky that time, but don't want to chance my luck a second time!

The very cheap drones that cost around $20 are, as you can imagine, neither the most feature-rich or stable. They're more like toys, intended mainly for playing with indoors. I questioned their worth in this role, but came across a blog-post by a ham who has used one for this very purpose, with success (his was $16, but the post was a few years old). I'm going to use the very lightest fishing line I can find (4lb test). Worst case scenario is that it either doesn't work, or I crash it. For just $22, it will be a fun experiment.

Heh, heh, and then after you finish this project, you'll start using the drone for other fun stuff - and then you'll decide you need a better drone. In a year, you'll be submitting cool pictures here and realize you need an even better drone - etc., etc. Don't let this happen to you!:cool:

Just ordered a new watch today. I had enough Capital One cash reward credits to pay for the purchase... I really like free.

Last edited:
Lying in bed tonight at 10:20pm. Check my email and there’s an Amazon delivery notice from 10:11pm. Had to throw on a shirt and pants again, turn off the alarm, and go out and get it. I didn’t want it sitting out there all night. I appreciate the speedy service but really wish they wouldn’t deliver that late.

A package of 100 triangle sanding pads for the oscillating tool and a pair of 3M respirator cartridges.

A box of trash bags that I ordered yesterday afternoon, is now out for delivery by Amazon.

Delivery that fast is unusual for our neighborhood.

Yesterday, I got a startup capacitor for AC compressor. $20.

Bought at 7:30 am for delivery by 3pm. Item arrived at 3:05pm. Good enough. And good thing, it was the hottest day of the year, 102 F.

Interestingly, it was available for same day delivery yesterday, but now is listed as a 10 day lead time! I guess these were popular yesterday.

A bit frustrated with Amazon delivery, because they delivered early!
I had ordered some toys for DGS birthday and two curtain rods, chose less packaging and deliver same day option for Sept 6, as we were going to be out of town a couple of days.
Lo and behold--Amazon delivery notices on Sept 4 and 5 while we were gone, right on the deck by the front door! Two different days, two different boxes!:facepalm:
Luckily we live in a pretty safe neighborhood, and the boxes were there when we arrived home.

A couple of boxes of elastic bandage for DW's foot.

Almost a week ago she stubbed her little toe on a furniture leg. No big deal, we all do that once in a great long while. Several days later the pain hadn't subsided so we figured it was maybe more than just sore and today she had the podiatrist appointment. Yup, it's fractured but fortunately not broken. The doc said four to eight weeks for healing.

So it's going to be wrapped with elastic bandages for a while.

I see another steak lunch in her near future....:)

Fractured is the medical term for broken. They mean exactly the same thing.

Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks for the clarification. I had thought that "fracture" meant that the break was not complete, as in a piece of wood that has a split in it but is not separated into two separate pieces, whereas "broken" is definitely two separate parts.

Anyway, she is feeling much better.

Back
Top Bottom