What is the worst food you eat?

Only free range, grass fed, organic road kill.

Yard birds are very difficult to find. Even the free range chicken in most fine groceries and meat markets have never seen any barn yard.

What I find funny is that many cities don't have regulations regarding raising chickens inside the city. In Atlanta's most exclusive Buckhead neighborhood, chicken huts in backyards are the latest thing. Housewives are raising pure bred show chickens for the eggs and neighbors are waking up to crowing roosters.

Hey, that's an answer for free range chickens--grow your own.

Bacon, egg & cheese on a butter toasted hard roll once a week on Sat morning. The other would be a cheeseburger every two weeks or so.

the four main food groups when I was in my early 20's: sugar, salt, fat and alcohol.

Replace salt with caffeine and you get the common opinion (at least where I grew up) that Irish Coffee is the perfect food, since it contains all four.

At least the jury is still out on some items once considered bad: coffee, red meat and meats in general, full fat milk and cream, liberal use of eggs, butter, bacon. The Paleo approach emphasizes most of these. Once I went back to eating "full fat" versions of such things as milk and yogurt I never looked back--and I also did not gain weight and felt far more satisfied that my many, many years of "low fat" diets.

Hah! No more than a few minutes after I posted the above, news report that bacon is now deemed as bad as smoking. Didn't we hear a couple years back that eggs are as bad as smoking too? Sheesh.

I'd have to say ice cream. I have met a few people who don't like chocolate, and I myself do not care for bacon, but I've never met anyone who didn't like ice cream.

I used to eat a lot of chocolate candy, but gave it up for the sake of my precarious (and carious) dental health. Interestingly, when I gave up sweets, I promptly dropped about 6 pounds.

Gave up diet soda a while back, because of its harmfulness to teeth. I did have two sodas this week (one at a football game, one at a movie) and they tasted so good after not having any for so long.

I have been on such a strict diet that I haven't had any junk food at all for several months - not even dark chocolate.

Adding sugar to my very occasional coffee is the only thing I can think of.

I actually don't miss most of it.

I don't eat any worst foods. If they are bad I don't eat them. Brussel sprouts, even with the fancy new restaurant recipes, are high on that list. My wife hates it when I eat those little 6 in octopi in hot sauce at the local Chinese/Japanese buffet, but only because they look so cute. I don't eat most of the foods mentioned on this thread (pork rinds, ding dongs or whatever) but only because they don't do anything for me. I do eat a fair amount of ice cream on occasion, and drink some pretty nice whiskies (not usually at the same time). I'm type 2, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to enjoy life just to gain some theoretical extra old age, which I'm not looking that forward to anyway. I like food and I like fun. I've got DW covered financially if I kick off, so my job is done.

Need I say.

PICT0045.jpg

..........Gave up diet soda a while back, because of its harmfulness to teeth. .......
Me, too, but because it seems to trick your body into storing extra fat. :(

......... I have that five-pound Hershey bar on the Amazon wish list and this winter I'm going to order one.
Trader Joe has some belly buster chocolate bars - like about a pound each.

I'm confused. The thread title is "worst foods", yet all the examples so far are best foods - tasty and delicious. Potato chips, pork rinds, chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc. I'll add cheese, sausage, pigs knuckle, sour pickles, and pie. Yum. :)

For me the worst foods are those gawdawful wheatgrass juices, veggie soy-burgers, spelt pies with carob, protein shakes with flaxseed oil. Many others, these are just a few examples. Nothing can be done to make them taste good. :)

Finally, the voice of reason! :)

I think the whole idea of 'bad foods' and 'good foods' is counterproductive. If you need to watch your weight, eat whatever you like, just watch total portion size. I've lost ~ 25 # the first 5 months of this year, and I have managed to keep it off so far (weigh in every morning helps to keep me aware and involved). I have not cut out any food (or beverage) at all. For two months I was eating ice cream every night, with a maraschino cherry and some of the juice, whipped cream most nights, and some almonds and a bit of chocolate sauce, as DW bought more than enough for a big party we had. But I had a small portion. You have to get your head around the idea that a small portion gives you the taste, enjoy it, and that's it. It isn't easy (but gets easier over time as you adjust, and I actually am grossed out by the portion sizes I used to eat - that's a meal and lunch for me now), but it's not that tough either, and it ain't rocket science.

DW started on all the smoothies, which have a bunch of sugar in them from the fruit, but are highly acclaimed as 'good food'. No comment on whether she has lost any weight or not. :angel: And they look like... well, never mind.

-ERD50

Last edited:
I make my own ice cream. I always have a batch on hand but I eat in moderation. My current batch is passion fruit made with fresh passion fruit. I've even made bacon ice cream.

My "bad food" weakness was Cheezits. I could go through a Costco size box in no time. So they have been banished from the house for the past 15 years.

Rarely have them since retired, but probably the Cheetos that I couldn't resist from the vending machine in the break room.

I was exactly the same when I was at work.
Funny thing is, once in a while I'd buy a bag to eat at home, but they never seemed to taste as good.

Maybe the ones @ work tasted better because they were in a small bag out of the machine which means they cost about $10.00 a pound :)

Most people cringe when I mention I eat a frozen pizza nearly every night. Other than the high sodium they really aren't too bad for you. I've had 200+ every year for the last several years and i'm in very good health. I also eat a couple peanut butter sandwiches nearly every day. I'm not the cookie monster that I once was but I still eat 2-4 cookies 1-2 days a week.

What brand of frozen pizza ?

Tombstone brick oven style

Don't think I've ever had the brick oven style. Going shopping later tonight, maybe I'll give one a try.

Back in the 80s, my cousin had an original tombstone pizza maker.
The ones that were only available in bars ?

I swear it made them taste better :D

While I don't keep sweets in the house. No ice cream, candy bars, sweet rolls, donuts etc, I do occasionally give in to the following 'guilty pleasure' items.

#1 Banquet Turkey Potpies: You might think I'm crazy, but if I make them in the oven, I think they're delicious. I only allow myself to have them once or twice a year, 2 each time.

#2 Tulip Street Bakery Mini Eclairs: I haven't had these for about two years now. I'd set about 7 of them on a plate & slowly microwave until slightly warm. I bought a box about twice a year. YUMMY!!

#3 Hy-Vee grocery stores in-house brand of chip dip. I haven't had this for at least 2 years.
I think it's called bacon cheddar sour cream. Give me a container of that, & a bag of plain Old Dutch Ripples Potato Chips. OMG, the amount of sodium in the dip & sodium combined with Grease in the chips.
Heaven

#4 Burger King A-1 Bacon Cheeseburger Combo Meal.
I started doing a lot of cooking at home about 5 years ago. Because the food tastes better, & is also better for you, I rarely eat fast/junk food anymore. However, about once a month, I get a craving for a good juicy cheeseburger. This is the best one I've found, & I'm counting regular restaurants.
I bought a bottle of A-1 steak sauce and tried to duplicate it at home. FAIL

#5 Hormel Compleats Chicken Alfredo. So delicious, so easy to heat in the microwave, so much sodium!!
I'm gradually weaning myself from these. Hormel makes about seven or eight varieties of these meals & this is the only one I like. Apparently I'm not the only one, because luckily for me, when I go to look for them, many times the Alfredo is sold out.

#6 Red Baron 4 Meat Pizza. Another one I'm trying to wean myself off of. I eat these about twice a month.
I also like DiGiorno, but I refuse to pay 'more' for a pizza that's about 90% crust.

Back
Top Bottom