What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who repeatedly ask on FB for your new address, when they have zero intention of writing, let alone visiting or sending something. They just want to look up how much you paid so they can criticize. Yes I am thinking about specific people, not everyone.

I'm game what is your new address?:dance: I want to send you a house warming card...

We think along the same lines, but certain people are known to be a) competitive ("What idiots the Amethysts are...look what they paid for that house" or else "Poor Amethyst, she really got took") b) fond of criticizing others, and c) weirdly full of opinions about other people's houses, what they paid for them, how they've chosen to decorate them, etc. etc. I know this because of the way they've talked about other people, and their homes, in front of me.

It's also insincere of them to act like they "need" my home address, when none of them have sent so much as a Christmas card in 20 years.

So, that's off my chest! :LOL:

Have you made sure Zillow removed the pics of the inside and outside of your house? It's weird sometimes you can see the pics for years after someone has bought and sold a home.

Someone shoving a phone in your face and saying, "Look at this!"

Uh, no. Can't see it. Don't have my reading glasses, and don't care to get them. Please take the phone elsewhere.

I'm not sure if this should go here or the robocalls thread.

I have to admit that I'm at a loss to explain all the congresscritter's lack of action on robocalls. Regardless of one's views on any current or past administration or any of the innumerable political issues of the day, it does seem universal that everyone, Democrats, Republicans, and I'd wager even Al Qaeda, hates robocalls. If they were to take firm decisive action that put those slimeballs out of action they'd be hailed around the world as heroes and a benefit to humanity.

And yet the brainless twits do nothing! AARRGGHHH!

Went to a local hiking store to get some Chaco sandals, even though I know they are cheaper on Amazon, as I'd like to patronize a local business. It's 300 yards off the AT in a strip mall, and it was nice to see a group of apparent through-hikers visiting.

Anyway, the clerk was pretty useless and grunted a few times. I found a pair I like and it was even in stock for my size yeti feet. I thanked him and paid.

Got home and I had two right sandals. Chuckling, I called him to verify they had a matching pair with two lefts. "Grunt. Lemme check. ... Nah, we don't have a pair like that."

I try to shop locally! :LOL:

My new neighbor who owns the farm field behind me has 21 acres but chooses to store work trucks, flat bed trailers and giant logs from some tree service, along the 80ft of property line that is close and easily visible from my house. The pile of logs starts 30ft from the house. Previously it was just a corn field.
We share about 500ft of property line if you add it up but most of it is heavily wooded.
21 acres, if it was dead square, would have 3825 feet of perimeter. With an irregular shape it would be more. Take away, at most, 500 feet for street frontage and that leaves 3325ft of property line and he storing eyesores along the only 80ft where I'm forced to look at it.

His house is a few doors away so I don't have a chance see him in the yard and talk to him. I think he allowing others into the farm field. so if somebody's out there I wouldn't know if it was him or whoever. I met him once. He seemed like a nice guy before he started this stuff. I doubt if I'd recognize him.

There is a nuisance law, but I'm not sure if it applies.

Also 300 feet from my back door he has set up a firing range with a hunting blind. The shooting is occasional,

Beer prices increasing en masse. Many going up at least 8%. My 'go to' ghetto beer Hurricane 8.1% ABV apparently thought they were better than ghetto quality, and raised their price from $11.79 per 24 pack case, to $17.99 per case. Whuuuut? So I find a cheaper alternative, on sale for $10.79 a case, go to the register and it rings up for $11.29 a case. Cashier gives it to me for $10.79. It's all going up. Internet has all sorts of reasons for it. Aluminum tariffs, problems growing barley, global warming, blah, blah, blah...

My peeve of the day is men who wear baseball hats while dining in a restaurant. I realize the ball caps replace the cost of a toupee for most men, but is really removes any semblance of dignity of the wearer, and also the restaurant itself.

My peeve of the day is men who wear baseball hats while dining in a restaurant. I realize the ball caps replace the cost of a toupee for most men, but is really removes any semblance of dignity of the wearer, and also the restaurant itself.

Yeah, but if they take them off:

main-qimg-26b33daaea0fc4c384ef70f3a8883fb2.webp

What if they're on backwards? What if they have their dark glasses on top of the cap?

I don't wear hats like that but i'm all for people wearing whatever they want as long as it's sanitary. I never understood the idea of dressing up just to go eat. Makes no sense to me.

UPS leaving a package butted up against my front storm door. There is plenty of covered space to set it back a little. I have to go through the garage and walk around to pick it up. Get off my lawn!

Hat wearers in a restaurant don't bother me.

But speaking of baseball, went to a game recently. The staduim didn't have a jumbo tron that continually showed the game (only tv monitors at the concessions).

So, each time fans got up to go to do what ever they had to do, the view of the field got blocked (I was in box seats, so they weren't the super cheap ones). Okay, I understood, folks have to get up and get a snack or use the restroom, but some folks just stood up and carried conversations blocking to view of others behind them ... grrr! :facepalm:.

Noise in the library. The other day DW and I were using the computer there and someone plopped down next to us and proceeded to take a call on her cell phone. On speaker! :mad:

Funny you said this. I was coming to this thread with my gripe of people on the treadmill at the gym on their phones...on speaker! But yours has me beat.

Funny you said this. I was coming to this thread with my gripe of people on the treadmill at the gym on their phones...on speaker! But yours has me beat.

I tend to want to participate in those people's conversations. That is probably helped that I have mild tourette's low impulse control. Self-preservation keeps me from participating like I would like. They usually ignore me.

So, each time fans got up to go to do what ever they had to do, the view of the field got blocked (I was in box seats, so they weren't the super cheap ones). Okay, I understood, folks have to get up and get a snack or use the restroom, but some folks just stood up and carried conversations blocking to view of others behind them ... grrr! :facepalm:.

Oh yes. I'm in a town with only minor league teams. I can't believe how much people get up and down all game long!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one pet peave, today, or since retiring. Life is too good to have a pet peave. Well, perhaps a slight twinge of disappointment when the malbec or merlot that I like does not come on caseload sale when I hoped it will...when the cupboard is bare.

Noise in the library. The other day DW and I were using the computer there and someone plopped down next to us and proceeded to take a call on her cell phone. On speaker! :mad:

How about someone taking a call while in a toilet stall in the ladies bathroom I've heard it more then once. I can't unsee the possible imagines that went through my mind.

I'd like to meet the guy who used to have my cell phone number

I have had my cell phone number for over seven years now. At least initially, maybe the first year or so I routinely received calls for who I assume was the previous owner of this number. Typically collection agencies and the like. I have to assume he was a real deadbeat. I would say that it is still typical to get at least one call a month for this person and they are all from people that have his name and a phone number and that is it. Sometimes I ask up front who the caller represents and they refuse to answer.

Today I received three phone calls all asking to speak to this person. All three identified themselves as online loan companies responding to this person's loan application. Adam Federer, if I ever run into you I am likely to slap you silly.

I have had my cell phone number for over seven years now. At least initially, maybe the first year or so I routinely received calls for who I assume was the previous owner of this number. Typically collection agencies and the like. I have to assume he was a real deadbeat. I would say that it is still typical to get at least one call a month for this person and they are all from people that have his name and a phone number and that is it. Sometimes I ask up front who the caller represents and they refuse to answer.

Today I received three phone calls all asking to speak to this person. All three identified themselves as online loan companies responding to this person's loan application. Adam Federer, if I ever run into you I am likely to slap you silly.
Good grief!!! How awful.

My cell phone number (which I got back in the summer of 2000), was previously the call-in number for requests at a big local rap/hiphop radio station. As you can imagine, the first few years it was awful. I would get dozens of calls each day and some even got belligerent when I told them I was not the radio station. However the number of calls kept diminishing, and after 5 years or so I didn't get any more calls for the radio station.

I thought my cell phone number was as bad as it could get, but your experience sounds far worse. I'm glad I didn't have my number changed, though (due to procrastination). It is unusually easy to remember, which is probably why the radio station had it in the first place.

We once had a phone that was one digit or so off from some low-life's number. We used to get collect calls from the jail, and once I had a voicemail with loud kids in the background until the caller yelled, "You kids shut the f*** up!" Prior to that, I think there was a student with my same name who was dealing drugs. Those voicemails started out, "Hey, I need some stuff, man."

Ones in the hurry. Yesterday two different vehicles passed my car on double yellow line. I was 4 mph over the posted limit.

How about someone taking a call while in a toilet stall in the ladies bathroom I've heard it more then once. I can't unsee the possible imagines that went through my mind.

Yes!!! That’s the other one that happens all the time. At w@rk,no less, which makes me hate it there even more. Management even taped a notice in big letters on the bathroom mirror to please not take calls in the bathroom. Doesn’t stop people and yup, they’re on speaker too.

Once I was so fed up with listening to this speakerphone call, I said at full voice volume, “can you please take that call outside the bathroom?!?!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom