What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that weeks ago, and yes, you can make it go away. Go to the right upper corner to the menu (the three horizontal lines). Tap on it. Tap on settings. Under the Topic Thread section, the second one down is Image Previews. Slide the button to the off position and Voila! Pasties are gone!

A thousand thanks.

Wonder if the "pasties" gal has any idea of how much exposure she has on Early Retirement.

My pet peeve of the past few days is opening the ER app and seeing Raiders pasties. Is that picture EVER going to go away?

If this is the picture you are talking about do you have any idea how I can get it to automatically show up for me? Thanking you in advance...

r
images
[/QUOTE]

"Katie by the door." It's "bar."

From my wife, "If you want." Most of the time I really don't want to do it for you, honey, but I will because I love you.

"I feel badly." Something wrong with your nerve endings?

"Excellent Job." Jon Gruden on Monday night football. We drink every time he says that.

Does one get further along by going farther into the forest? Or is it the other way around?

Us foreigners want to know.

"I live in "Wisconsin" not "Wesconsin. "
We called it 'Sconsin in my neck of Chicago-land.

A lot of words, when used incorrectly are still able to convey their meaning--I am able to understand how the word is being used. So, while mildly peeved (or amused) hearing or seeing the "wrong" word doesn't bother me much.

However, "peruse" is a word that is very often used incorrectly and when that happens it can confusing or misleading: "Later tonight, I will peruse the proposal that your team worked on for the last two years."

Last edited:
Apparently my new peeve is layman who think they know better than the etymologists who write dictionaries.

Too many requests for surveys and customer feedback.

Bought some toothpaste and toothbrushes at Target.com (was a lot cheaper than Amazon, which I like). But just now, got an email asking if I'm happy with the products and would I like to make review.

Went to the post office the other day at the window to mail a letter that needed a postage. At the end, the clerk said as if I would fill out a customer satisfaction survey for something as simple that :facepalm:.

Too many requests for surveys and customer feedback.

Bought some toothpaste and toothbrushes at Target.com (was a lot cheaper than Amazon, which I like). But just now, got an email asking if I'm happy with the products and would I like to make review.

Went to the post office the other day at the window to mail a letter that needed a postage. At the end, the clerk said as if I would fill out a customer satisfaction survey for something as simple that :facepalm:.

Yeah, I'm really getting sick of those, especially when they call me on my cell phone, which does not have a plan with unlimited voice time. I provide it to someone who's working on my car or my house so they can reach me anywhere, then they call with a survey.

I don't do reviews unless they're for a place where I can see what others wrote and sometimes not even then. I contribute to TripAdvisor because it's been a great resource, and to e-Rewards for the Hilton points.

Yeah, I'm really getting sick of those, especially when they call me on my cell phone, which does not have a plan with unlimited voice time. I provide it to someone who's working on my car or my house so they can reach me anywhere, then they call with a survey.

I don't do reviews unless they're for a place where I can see what others wrote and sometimes not even then. I contribute to TripAdvisor because it's been a great resource, and to e-Rewards for the Hilton points.

OH YEA... that is a peeve of mine also...

Especially when I give them my HOME number and tell them to call me on THAT number first...

My dentist will now only call on my cell even when I keep telling them to call on my home!!! Not everybody is buying unlimited plans!!!

Used to be some chain restaurants, (Red Lobster, Famous Dave's, Chili's) offered a free desert or free appetizer on your next visit if you would go on-line and complete a survey that might take a total of 10 minutes of your time. Not a bad deal that we normally took advantage of. For just a few dollars these restaurants guaranteed return traffic.

Now, you get a "chance" to win a cash prize for your same effort. No thanks. I will never bother to complete their survey unless I am guaranteed something. I am sure this is a lot cheaper for the restaurant but I bet they get a lot less responses to their survey requests.

Now, you get a "chance" to win a cash prize for your same effort. No thanks. I will never bother to complete their survey unless I am guaranteed something. I am sure this is a lot cheaper for the restaurant but I bet they get a lot less responses to their survey requests.

Sometimes when I use a website to order something, I get the 'opportunity' to fill out a survey form which takes at least 10 minutes and is very snoopy. Then I get my reward - $50 worth of selected products at a discounted price. :rolleyes: Most of the products are stuff I don't need or want. :nonono: Some incentive! :mad:

People at the gym who just sit on the weight machines- not just a pause between reps, but an extended stay while they ponder the problems of the world. Use it or get off!

Another one from the gym: people on the equipment next to you who chat on the phone so loudly that you can't follow the podcast you are trying to listen to even at full volume on your headset

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom