What Kind of Dog is This?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here's my daughter's dog (a rescue). For fun, she got a DNA test done on him, and is having a contest to see who can guess the most prominent breed.

z79pBzh.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xRzS7aynBSMnsTbo7

What is your guess?

He seems to have the distinctive gate of an irish setter. But that wirey coat screams irish wolfhound.

Siberian straight-haired poodle

Black Labrador

regardless, appealing and intelligent expression, bet he is a handful and a joy

Bitzer

He seems to have the distinctive gate of an irish setter. But that wirey coat screams irish wolfhound.

I also see wolfhound. His gait makes me think of that.

But here are some black schnauzers that look just like him:

ee7afee915bdaec7e28a8d7d28a19efe.jpg

800px_COLOURBOX29916274.jpg

BTW, did the DNA testing place ask for a photo of the dog? If so, did you send in a photo of a dog that did not look at all like your dog?

I think these places need a photo because the DNA results are so broad that there is no true identification of the breed mix. By sending the wrong photo, you will see what I mean.

Mohawk :confused:

https://interestingengineering.com/consumer-dna-testing-company-gets-duped-by-dog-dna
Suspicious consumer sent in doggy DNA
Louis Côté, who worked with CAPC to collect DNA samples, became suspicious of the results coming out of the lab and took the matter into his own hands. He bought three kits for the company and returned two of them with cheek swab samples from his own mouth and one with a cheek swab sample from his girlfriend's dog Snoopy.

Côté was shocked by the results when they returned. According to Viaguard Accu-Metrics both he and Snoopy had 20 percent Indigenous ancestry. The detailed analysis claimed 12 percent came from the Abenaki tribe and 8 percent from the Mohawk people.

He's a Good Boy.

BTW, did the DNA testing place ask for a photo of the dog? If so, did you send in a photo of a dog that did not look at all like your dog?

I think these places need a photo because the DNA results are so broad that there is no true identification of the breed mix. By sending the wrong photo, you will see what I mean.

I don't know if they requested a photo. I'd refuse that or do as you suggested.

Back
Top Bottom