What type game system

Which game system

• WII

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • XBox

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I just want to vote (or the original Atarii) :)

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Voted Wii as we did have a Wii Fit. But after the novelty wore off, I sold it on eBay, got about half my money back (better than nothing).

Not being personal here.... but why would you vote for something that you sold:confused: Seems like it was not the correct one....

My theory is to buy a system that has features the family enjoys and has been on the market for a couple years. No sense paying the early adopter premium. Re-evaluate in two years. Our children have come to expect the latest and greatest, now.

My theory is to buy a system that has features the family enjoys and has been on the market for a couple years. No sense paying the early adopter premium. Re-evaluate in two years. Our children have come to expect the latest and greatest, now.

+1. We try to stay 1 generation behind. By the time we purchase a) the price has dropped, b) you get more features (ie bigger HD), c) More games available, d) Good games have been identified and e) any bugs have been worked out or work arounds available.

Oh and for hard core gaming you need.....a PC:ROFLMAO:!

DD

For a 13 year old boy I think you can safely rule out the Wii. I bought one when they were trendy, WiiFit is sort of nice. However, I haven't turned on for almost a year.

I am back to being a PC gamer like I have been for 25 years....

The Xbox vs PS3 debate is a long running one and there are pro and cons to both. Kinect and Xbox live I think gives the edge to Xbox. However, if he likes the PS3 better I go with that. Probably the most important thing is what does his friends? If if they have PS3 get that if they Xbox than get that.

My preferred gaming system is the PC.
Great for entertainment, but also for educational activities and learning to use computers and the net.
Wide choice of games available. Those who can afford them buy them, the others find erm... other solutions.
The biggest downside may be that most PC games require 1 PC per player, whereas console games often let several people play together on a single console.

PS3, Xbox and Wii are all great systems, but which one to buy? Maybe the best is the system that their friends have. That way they can play what their friends play, and borrow games from eachother. (unless the game developers have found ways to tie a copy of a game to a specific console) The price of games being what it is, that could save you a lot of money.

Make sure to talk to the kids. The worst console is the one you got but didn't want.

My preferred gaming system is the PC.
Great for entertainment, but also for educational activities and learning to use computers and the net.
Wide choice of games available. Those who can afford them buy them, the others find erm... other solutions.
The biggest downside may be that most PC games require 1 PC per player, whereas console games often let several people play together on a single console.

PS3, Xbox and Wii are all great systems, but which one to buy? Maybe the best is the system that their friends have. That way they can play what their friends play, and borrow games from eachother. (unless the game developers have found ways to tie a copy of a game to a specific console) The price of games being what it is, that could save you a lot of money.

Make sure to talk to the kids. The worst console is the one you got but didn't want.

The son wants a PS3... but admits that most kids he knows has the XBox 360... but he has read/heard about the RROD and it does not sound like something good to me...

When I say XBox... he says it would cost to go online (he will pay)... but there is a possibility that we might buy one now and one in a year or so...

Also, he is paying half, his sister 1/4th... and us 1/4th... so his say does have a lot of sway...

I've asked my friends. One of them has an XBox 360. He hasn't heard about the Red Ring Of Death. He's very happy with it and says it's expensive, noisy but great. I suppose the noise is because the cooling fan is working hard.

Voted Wii as we did have a Wii Fit. But after the novelty wore off, I sold it on eBay, got about half my money back (better than nothing).
Bummer....I missed an opportunity. :(

I've been patiently waiting for people to [-]get tired of their Wii Fit systems [/-] upgrade to the next and newest technology. I have been thinking of buying one used. I want to try it for the exercise capability.

A question for the collective: What would be a fair price to pay for a used Wii Fit? Please PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Back in the day when human-computer interactive softare was first being developed, I enjoyed installing the programs and playing around with prototype data gloves and head tracker devices. One of the few fun things I got to do at w*rk. :D

Bummer....I missed an opportunity. :(

I've been patiently waiting for people to [-]get tired of their Wii Fit systems [/-] upgrade to the next and newest technology. I have been thinking of buying one used. I want to try it for the exercise capability.

A question for the collective: What would be a fair price to pay for a used Wii Fit? Please PM me if you don't want to post it here.
Why buy used when you can buy a refurbished one that may have a guarantee and can be returned if it doesn't work? bestbuy.com/site/Wii+-+Refurbished+Wii

Why buy used when you can buy a refurbished one that may have a guarantee and can be returned if it doesn't work? bestbuy.com/site/Wii+-+Refurbished+Wii
Way cool. This particular furbie only has Wii Sports, but it gives me the right path to follow.

It never occurred to me to check for refurbished models online.:flowers:

Bird, if you aren't in a particular hurry you can set an email alert on some of the deal sites like this one: dealnews.com
Done deal. :D

I am never in a hurry when it comes to exercise. :cool:

I have a PS3 that is primarily used for the BlueRay DVD play capability. I am not a gamer, but I do have a few arcade style space battle and racing games for the PS3.

Xbox + Kinect

We got the Kinect device for Xmas and I'm still sore from all the jumping, twisting and ducking from some of the games.

Great exercise and great fun!

xbox! very versatile...and now with kinect it is much more suited to a younger crowd. online gaming is superior to others. interface is awesome when integrating into other computers, audio devices, etc around the home. netflix streaming etc

OK... the purchase was the new XBox 360 Elite holiday pack...

Got the new XBox with WiFi... supposed to be 'quiet'... we will see.. it came with two free games, one being a downloaded game...

Bought an extra controller for $40... and then Black Ops for ME!!!

Did not go the kinect route as the games do not seem to be as interesting for the long run...

Wrapped it up and have it sitting out... will see if the kids notice it...

Now we have to upgrade the TV... this will probably be upstairs and we do not have a big TV up there...

Thanks for the input from all...

Back
Top Bottom