Wireless speaker for both TV and computer?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Any good solutions for this?

I'm not planning on getting surround sound anytime soon, but would like to have a wireless (bluetooth) speaker that would do two things, one at a time, in the same room:

1. Play music that I have imported onto my computer.

2. Produce sound from a Samsung Smart TV

I'm guessing that any bluetooth speaker would play the music from the computer. But do I need to purchase something to make this work for the TV?

Afterthought - A bonus would be to be able to plug in earbuds to the speaker so that one person can watch TV while the other person in the room hears nothing.

Thanks for any comments.

Kindest regards.

Does your computer have bluetooth?
I have such a speaker working from my tablet, but do not have bluetooth on my notebook computer.
Another concern is the distance between the devices. If too far away, bluetooth will have problems.

Does your computer have bluetooth?
I have such a speaker working from my tablet, but do not have bluetooth on my notebook computer.
Another concern is the distance between the devices. If too far away, bluetooth will have problems.
If you have a spare usb port you can buy a bluetooth adapter for between $20 and $30. It plugs into a usb port.

If you have a spare usb port you can buy a bluetooth adapter for between $20 and $30. It plugs into a usb port.

Hmmm....this gives me an idea. Our TV (flat panel but not recent, probably 7-8 years old) has a USB port on the front (nominally to show pictures from a flash drive). Do you think if I plug a bluetooth audio adapter like this that it would play through a bluetooth speaker?

Hmmm....this gives me an idea. Our TV (flat panel but not recent, probably 7-8 years old) has a USB port on the front (nominally to show pictures from a flash drive). Do you think if I plug a bluetooth audio adapter like this that it would play through a bluetooth speaker?
It will depend on software. On the computer, you would need the software to drive the speakers, which likley comes with them. You need to look for the Bluetooth profile A2DP. You would likley also need to have the TV have that profile. There do exist bluetooth speaker driver plug ins that go to a headphone jack. They seem to range up to about $40 at amazon. That may be better at least for the TV.

My computer does have bluetooth, so it would probably work fine.

The TV is a Samsung Smart TV that is less than 3 years old. I will have to find the user's guide to see if it has bluetooth - or I guess get one of those USB bluetooth transmitters.

Any recommendations on USB bluetooth transmitters ?

Just realized that this will mean yet another remote....

Appreciate the comments.

Back
Top Bottom