2020 Investment Performance Thread

Up 6% YTD. Missed quite a bit of return potential of this recent recovery, but can’t shake the feeling another drop is coming with all the unemployment and bankruptcies.

-3 YTD. Very happy to be where I am at with all that has happened. I am very optimist about the future of markets even with the negatives that are happening and uncertain future.

Down 4.8 on 60/35/5 AA. Could be a bit better, could be a lot worse.

Even - go figure. That is accounting for all of the with drawls for this year.

Going back 1 year (when I turned in my retirement notice) up a few bucks. And that is after joining Robbie's blow that dough club with significant home remodeling and a one month European vacation in 2019.

Dumb luck to have avoided SORR thus far under the circumstances and still have a decent sized nut to live on.

IMHO - When the third quarter earnings come out and the pandemic stimulus ends as scheduled - it will get scary for people trying to make ends meet and frightening for stockholders.

Last edited:
Pretty much even compared to 12/31/19. With all the ups and downs, some major, it's kinda hard to believe it would be that good. No complaints here.

Shucks, I discovered an oversight in my earlier May update which made me think I would be looking better after this weeks results. Unfortunately, with the correction, I am down 3.3%.

-17.81% through May 31... more of the same. Interesting in that with so little equities when I update prices in Quicken hardly anything changes... new experience for me.

I'm still convinced that the market is way ahead of its skis and when 2Q earnings come out worse than expected that reality will eventually set it. If it doesn't then I'm not sure I would want part of it anyway since at that point it is more gambling than investing.

Still ugly since all fixed income and cash for the month.... -18.17% through April 30. Watching and waiting.

more of the same. Interesting in that with so little equities when I update prices in Quicken hardly anything changes... new experience for me.

No thrill of victory or agony of defeat!!Do you like it this way? I think I would miss the thrills of victories too much to stop playing.
But my decisions now are only changing what my kids will eventually get.

https://youtu.be/6k1gajZeegg

If someone would have said to me in January that a global pandemic was coming that would soon cause Great Depression-like unemployment; and if they’d come back in late March to say that stock market prices would soon be nearly back to level for the year to date in late May, well, I’d have suggested that person should sober up and lay off the wacky tobacky. 2020 just goes to show, nobody knows nuthin.
What I've been told it's all baked in. Good news, bad news, horrible news, baked. [emoji848]

Up 4.49% ytd. Portfolio 8/92.

Primary reason for positive number is due to successful daytrading. [emoji15] Volatility is a daytrader's dream. Hope going forward we have lots of volatility. Up or down it doesn't matter as I play both sides.

No thrill of victory or agony of defeat!!Do you like it this way? I think I would miss the thrills of victories too much to stop playing.
But my decisions now are only changing what my kids will eventually get.

https://youtu.be/6k1gajZeegg

Nah... don't miss it at all.... and same here... for all intents and purposes playing with heir money.

What I've been told it's all baked in. Good news, bad news, horrible news, baked. [emoji848]

Up 4.49% ytd. Portfolio 8/92.

Primary reason for positive number is due to successful daytrading. [emoji15] Volatility is a daytrader's dream. Hope going forward we have lots of volatility. Up or down it doesn't matter as I play both sides.

If I understand, you’re an avid day trader whose AA is 8% stocks right now and you’re up 4.49% ytd. I guess that’s entertainment for you but not as lucrative as if you’d simply bought and held for 2020 the 100% US Total bond index, which is up 5.59% for the year.

Down 5% YTD. Not great but an improvement from -17% as of 3/31/20.

If I understand, you’re an avid day trader whose AA is 8% stocks right now and you’re up 4.49% ytd. I guess that’s entertainment for you but not as lucrative as if you’d simply bought and held for 2020 the 100% US Total bond index, which is up 5.59% for the year.

But the potential for a big win, the thrill, is not there for buy & hold. I understand. I made 90k in 4 days on what sure seemed an obvious sure bet, and it was. Big thrill.

But the potential for a big win, the thrill, is not there for buy & hold. I understand. I made 90k in 4 days on what sure seemed an obvious sure bet, and it was. Big thrill.

I really don’t care what people do but, for myself, I prefer to get my thrills in different ways than betting my retirement dollars. Your mileage clearly varies, so Lady Luck to you.

Last edited:
Down 5% YTD. Not great but an improvement from -17% as of 3/31/20.

That is true and sure glad I'm not down 17% for the rest of my living days and trying to figure out when to get back in.
There will be many more great years of markets ahead of us even thou we may be down for several of them as well. Staying to course and growing portfolio through time.

Down 6.1%. Back to around September's level total assets, so this really isn't a big deal (yet?).

-4.95% YTD (66/27/7).
Hopefully we will finish this year even or slightly positive. Plan on maintaining the asset allocation either way.

Holy moly! Only down -3.18%.

Crisis? What crisis?

Thankful to be here. Going to incur some capital gains taxes by selling more equities.

Now down 2% YTD. Of course, I did some selling when I shouldn’t of sold and did some buying when I shouldn’t have bought. I’m pretty happy with my portfolio now - and will ride out any future adverse market drops.

Down 9.43%.

Currently, 0/68/32 in retirement accounts. Looking to slowly move back into stocks over the next 12 - 18 months.

Cash is weighted average of 2.4% in stable value, cds, and MYGA's.

It seems that leading the world in Covid19 and recurring race riots does not affect the markets? That is good news for sure for us retired folks relying on our portfolios.

I am currently down -9.96 % YTD, but have gained back 10% from my low 2.5 months ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom