2022 Investment Performance Thread

Down 6.1% on 57/42/1 AA. I have enough in cash so don't have to sell securities, and a CD maturing in November for next year. Not holding my breath yet.

I don't normally look except at the end of each quarter but seeing the results of others made me curious. As mentioned in earlier posts, I am heavy on energy equities and planned to cut my exposure when prices rose. So YTD I benefited from the increase in oil prices. Am up 6.3% YTD. Last month I sold off some Oil / Gas exposure so am now about 65 equity /35 fixed asset allocation.

-2.28% YTD (as of 3/5) for my Golden Butterfly portfolio.

Canada and Australia held up. Maybe if you speak English in an interesting way, the market gods spared you.:LOL:

Both countries' economies are heavy in natural resources, oil/gas for Canada, mining for Australia. They hold up well in an inflationary environment.

Up 8.74% over the past year. It’s better than looking at YTD. [emoji23]

I’m down, but don’t know how much, 95% or so in equity. But as always Market will always come back. The only reason I look is to see when to do tax loss harvesting

Up 8.74% over the past year. It’s better than looking at YTD. [emoji23]

This indeed seems to be a better way to look at it [emoji1]. March ‘21 to March ‘22 — no change in the statements (even with tons of contributions!) Otherwise YTD -8.7%.

It’s not feeling so smart to be soon leaving behind my salary in the midst of this, but hoping this too shall pass (someday).

Another month, another bookkeeping entry.

Jan 31, YTD -4.18%, stock AA 78.0%
Feb 28, YTD -3.22%, stock AA 73.8%.

Mar 31, YTD -0.18%, stock AA 74.7%

I was in the black and up to 1.75% YTD 2 days ago, but it did not last.

Jan: -8.62% as interest rates are on the move, FOMC rate hike talk, Ukrainian invasion fears, and Omicron Virus continues to run rampant.
Feb: -11.48% What goes up, must come down? Lots of uncertainty, I know I am feeling the same as the market. A sad month for some indeed as the war machine moves on. If I look at the longer term 8yr avg it makes me "feel better' averaging +27% returns.
Mar: -9% This time isn't different Was a fun little "whee" ride this month

On 60/40 AA:

Jan: -4.05%
Feb: -1.62%
Mar: +0.33%

YTD: -5.29%

These things happen...we are still living...and not eating cat food.

Here's my monthly update...
1/31/2022: -5.07% YTD.
2/28/2022: -7.26% YTD.
3/31/2022: -4.98% YTD.

At my worst, I was down 12.06%, on 3/14, to the late month rebound was pretty nice. And overall, it broke the downward trend I was starting, with January being down, and then March being down from that. Before this, the last time I had two down months in a row was September/October 2020. And February/March 2020 before that.

I haven't had three down months in a row since way back in May/June/July 2010. Hopefully it stays that way!

Last edited:
Retirement portfolio YTD return through Q1 2022 -8.34% vs benchmark VTHRX (Vanguard Target 2030) -5.65%. Stock/bond allocation follows VTHRX (64/36).

Last edited:
On 63/7/30 AA:

Jan YTD -4.43%
Feb YTD -6.28%
Mar YTD -4.96%

AA = 93.5 / 0 / 6.3 / 0.2 (equities / bonds / cash / crypto)

Investable assets down 4.7% YTD at close of Q1.

Net Worth up 0.8% YTD at close of Q1.

-5.4% with 54% Stock/46% (Bonds/Cash)

Back
Top Bottom