457b contributions

Bultacoman

Dryer sheet aficionado
DW works for the county library system and participates in a 457b plan ran by the state. She gets paid biweekly (26 paychecks a year) and contributions to the plan are typically posted within 1 week after payday. Last April, the bookeeper quit. In July, I checked the account balance. No contributions had been made to the account since the bookeeper quit. We brought the situation to the library director's attention. About three weeks later a partial payment was made to the account that covered all the second quarter contributions except the last. In addition, he made a promise to fix the problem. You've already guessed it-it's been two months and no further contributions have been made despite the money being withheld from DW's paycheck. DW is afraid that if I complain that she will be fired. There are only approximately 12 people participating in the plan so it is likely that the director will figure out who complained. Any advice on what to do?

It's unlikely he's putting it in his pocket so I'm sure he would appreciate another friendly mention that the money is not arriving in the account, preferably from his staff (your wife). He probably thinks this was resolved.

Who is the administrator of the plan? Like Fidelity, or Vanguard or whoever. Is it their problem? No idea, just guessing. Maybe they could automate something.

-CC

Have you tried calling the company that administers the 457 for the state? Most states have a board that overseas the 457 plan. You could try contacting them also.

Back
Top Bottom