Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-16-2020, 11:08 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerides View Post
it's 4% everywhere, 5% is only amazon/WF
Which card, exactly, are you replying about?
Bongleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2020, 11:15 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
BOA has cash reward cards which give 5.25%, but must have 100k at ML/BOA.
Usually there is some "catch".
I like my 5.25% and don't consider the 100K at ML/BOA any kind of catch since it has to go somewhere.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:53 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The only offer I've gotten recently on my Amazon/Chase credit card is $500 if I open a checking and savings account. I'm sure there's probably a minimum $10,000 opening base amount and that it has to stay at leat $10K for a while, but I'm not sure as I didn't really check.

However, is that a good deal; $500 to open a checking and savings account? I do not want or need either and would shut them down soon as I'm able to meet their criteria for the $500.
skipro33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipro33 View Post
The only offer I've gotten recently on my Amazon/Chase credit card is $500 if I open a checking and savings account. I'm sure there's probably a minimum $10,000 opening base amount and that it has to stay at least $10K for a while, but I'm not sure as I didn't really check.

However, is that a good deal; $500 to open a checking and savings account? I do not want or need either and would shut them down soon as I'm able to meet their criteria for the $500.
Without knowing exactly the details, that sounds like a GREAT deal.

I was offered by Chase $200 to open a savings account with $15K and keep it there for 3 months, then keep $300 in the account for another 3 months. (Account must remain open for 6 months or will lose the original bonus, and $300 is min to avoid fees).