Dow over 28,000!

Much appreciated!

Tomorrow could be a good day to buy. If markets drop tomorrow and there’s no bad news over the weekend, there’s a chance there will be a bounce next week. But I still think we’ll drop more. I find it hard to believe the markets won’t drop once we have a confirmed larger outbreak in the US.

From a psychological perspective, perhaps it is best that the market drop reaches bear market territory and it is announced as the end of this bull market run. The Dec 2018 drop failed in this aspect.
Then possibly it can be viewed as the start of a new bull market when the recovery begins, instead of the continued fear of an old and long running bull market.:angel:

I believe VTSAX purchased as an ETF provide real-time pricing, so you can see their prices change throughout the trading day. A mutual fund isn't priced until the trading day is over, so you don't know your price until after you've place your trade. This information comes directly from the Vanguard website.

Yes, good point. ETFs have a major advantage wrt real time pricing. Not sure if they offer after hours trading but probably doesn’t matter if the pre-market is down after hours will be down also I would expect. I’m just gonna watch the action but I’m curious to learn more details on how they work.

So when things were crazy high and the Dow at 29,000 all the talk was how to blow that dough! Don’t see anyone saying that now.....

Glad things, like the house I wanted to buy fell through. Puts me in mind of Garth Brooks “Unanswered Prayers”.

See y’all back here in a year or two when everything has recovered

So when things were crazy high and the Dow at 29,000 all the talk was how to blow that dough! Don’t see anyone saying that now.....

Glad things, like the house I wanted to buy fell through. Puts me in mind of Garth Brooks “Unanswered Prayers”.

Blow that dough thread is not finished yet! I haven’t changed my plans for some major purchases.

Well last Thursday I tried to Put a FAANG heavy ETF and found out my account wasn't setup to trade options. Now that it is I'm afraid to do anything.
I did move from one bond fund to a slightly longer duration higher quality bond fund last week. Lucky timing as I've been heading towards higher quality bond funds for a year now.
Guess it's a good time sit here and do nothing!

Well, we've got a guy coming over in an hour to give an estimate on wood floors downstairs (actually vinyl faux-wood, since it is below grade). But it's actually blowing the tax return dough, since we had solar panels installed in October and bought a Chevy Bolt e-car, along with having to take out 20% for taxes in the 403b withdrawal.

I scraped off what was left of 2019 gains earlier today (after taking about 35-40% in January). If the market sinks below bear status, I'll put reinvest half.

Looks like Powell murmuring about more rate cuts "reassured" the market late today--or maybe it was just the snap-back I was expecting yesterday.

My $145 VTI didn't fill, came close at one point when it was down to 145.30. Now the pre-markets are showing positive futures...oh well.

Back
Top Bottom