EJ is persistent...if not smart

F4mandolin

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just got a call today from EJ.....not really sure why they called me. Mostly I talked about golf (warped in itself). I quit them over a year ago...When I brought up the topic of learning to do finances on my own he got real quiet. But at least he didn't push the topic.

I had an EJ woman come to the door--or so her name tag said. That was a surprise.

And we've never been clients....

Door-to-door in a new territory is part of the breaking in period for new agents. They are known for it.

I had an EJ woman come to the door--or so her name tag said. That was a surprise.

And we've never been clients....

In 2009 I saw a thirty something young lady outside, EJ pitch but something wasn't right, the clothes didn't match the tats etc. I ask where one could come talk to them and got an oh were on the other side of town:confused: Whatever
The next day when everybody noticed their vehicles, garages, yards, had been broken into, that's when I had the oh yeah moment. Good job ignoring the spidey sense.

Door-to-door in a new territory is part of the breaking in period for new agents. They are known for it.

One claimed to be a neighbor, mile or so away. Nice guy, we knew better than to allow him to give us the pitch. A part of me feels sorry for their crappy job, but they do it.
MRG

What in the world is EJ:confused::confused:?

Gotta be Edward Jones.

A coworker was explaining to me how her neighbor came to her door and showed her and her husband these great charts of how much money they could be making... She ended up letting him manage their non-IRA savings. I told her she was being ripped off. A few years later she told me he explained that her TSP was in very expensive funds and that he could manage them for less. I could then prove the guy was taking them for a ride.

After that she wanted me to tell her what to invest in. I kept rattling off a list of books and websites she should read. I guess some people just want to be told what to do with their money.

I just can't do the blind faith thing. I've always preferred to make my own mistakes and try to learn from them.

Back
Top Bottom