Free Credit Reports Mandate From the Government

I have gotten mine. Instead of using the link, you can try directly typing in

AnnualCreditReport.com

It was working fine for me.

I got mine a few months ago. you must be hitting the wrong site.

I've used the annualcreditreport site without problems also.

Here's trick: Get a free credit report every 4 months -- one from each of the major credit reporting agencies at that site.  If you have a spouse, they can get their own reports, too.  Since it's likely that you have some of the same accounts as your spouse, you can get 6 free reports a year that list those accounts ... one every 2 months if you stagger them.

I used to sign up for one of those credit monitoring services (you can do for free for 30 days) and just cancel.

I dont think that it gives the option to get a report from a specific company. I think based on where you are located?

I can concur, have tried several times over a two week period, get the same error message using Netscape, FireFox or IE. (am overseas at the moment also). Very curious - you get redirected to this link - with the page text below :-

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/notfound.htm :-

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

You can specify which company you want each report from - I just got my Experian and fiance just got his Transunion.

ER@40 said:
I can concur, have tried several times over a two week period, get the same error message using Netscape, FireFox or IE. (am overseas at the moment also). Very curious - you get redirected to this link - with the page text below :-

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/notfound.htm :-

"The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

This is what I get also. Can someone post the exact link to the site including the HTM file. It may be because we are out of the USA.

SWR

I have to wait until 9/1 as well.
I was wondering if it also includes your credit score?

My understanding is that the free ones do not include your credit scores.

geeman said:
I'm in MD, have to wait till Sept 1st 2005.

Geeman: Maryland is one of the few states that already had free yearly reports.  We've been getting ours free for the past couple of years.

CJ
another Marylander

They don't include your FICO score. I believe you have the choice of paying a small fee of around 5 or 6.00 to include it.

Back
Top Bottom