Got my letter from the V.A.

I also received a letter and my discharge date was 22 April 1972 after 4 years in including a year in Viet Nam. I thought I heard the veterans on the stolen computer were discharged after 1976. Anyone else hear that?

runnerr said:
I also received a letter and my discharge date was 22 April 1972 after 4 years in including a year in Viet Nam. I thought I heard the veterans on the stolen computer were discharged after 1976. Anyone else hear that?

Yes, I also heard the same thing. I was out in 74 and still got a letter. But, I am guessing that they don't really know who might have been on the list, and are too embarrassed to say it.

Jarhead* said:
I bid Sayornara to the U.S M.C. after a 4 year tour in 1957. I haven't received a letter.
I want my damn letter!

Maybe it's in the "dead file". :D

I heard that old marines never die. They just go to hell and regroup.

I got mine. I retired 25 years ago. But, I wasn't left out. Just lucky, I guess.

Discharge from active duty was not discharge from commitment to serve. After two years of draftee active duty, I was assigned to inactive reserve (for five years?), and sent home with one set of fatigues in case I was recalled. Your service period probably extended into that 1976 cut-off for the stolen data.

My DH received his letter and it said it could apply to his spouse also. Lucky me!

Dreamer

Spouse too?!? Maybe I will actually read mine. I figured it was more political speech and snow job than actual substance.

I want a letter! !!!

Since Geo. Custer died by an Apache IED, he probably didn't
forward my new address. But, I don't think it was Apaches that got him. more likely
the Sioux or Cheyenne. (You seen one indian, you seen 'em all.) :D Please, no offense intended, to the Native Americans, of this USofA.

Custer, didn't employ Air Traffic Controllers. Of which I was one. He told me, to go sit, on the other side of the hill, next to the Willie Nelson Farm Aid Group and wait
for instructions. I did that. Met Willie. He said, "Do you have cheating on your mind?" I said, "Hell No, I'm just trying to keep from being blown away by some
sinister IED, made by someone I don't know. What do you have, worth cheating for, anyway? If I was gonna cheat, I'd have given my SSA number to that wino
on the corner, back in Kansas City and I'd have me a Gov't job

Well, I (We) survived this ordeal, except for George of course and a few soldiers
that didn't understand the word "Duck." Willie, went on to fame and fortune, as
a writer of country music and singer.

I stay in close contact with him, except with his busy schedule, he never returns
my calls. Probably doesn't wanna be reminded of the massacre, at L'll Bighorn.

So, I'm waiting for my letter. If, I don't get one, does that mean the Gov't. doesn't know that I'm here? I can Rape, Pillage and Plunder and NO one knows? I have more benefits, than the Illegals!!!! 'Cept, for Social Security. :D

God, Love you all!!

where's your brother Diaper Bunny?

Back
Top Bottom