Poll: There is no place for retirement anymore?

Do you plan to get back to work?

• Yes I plan to join the work force soon or already joined after retirement

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • No I do not have any plans to go back to work

Votes: 261 96.3%

• Total voters
Until gov't policy changes, little will change. I'm hoping the end of the year will be better than the beginning of the year; something about elections causing politicians to see things differently :LOL: :facepalm:

GnG - Gas and Groceries. Twice a week, every week, most voters get a reminder of inflation. Something's gotta give.

There is an article about retirees heading back to labor force due to high inflation:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-more-retirement-retirees-heading-231500576.html
Do you plan to get back to work?
I do plan to go back to work, in fact already started…. But is remote work, part time, consulting mostly for a former employee and now friend who went out on his own and has landed a huge job. Happy to help out and stay busy. Doubt if the money will make any difference whatsoever as I am billing 1/4 of my pre retirement rate. After 10 years of blissful retirement and living life on my own schedule and working when I wanted for my own account this should be interesting!

Have turned down many prior offers but I really enjoyed my working relationship with this guy and am happy to help

Even if I wanted to go back, no one would hire me. :(

Even though I have only been retired for 10-1/2 years things have changed enough that my skills are probably dated enough that I'd need a lot of remedial training to go back to work... so NO WAY.

How you could tame the inflation if the Government (and not only Democratic) constantly brake the most important economic rule? The rule of producing enough goods and services to cover all those freshly printed money. Even in recession it will not be so easy. Communists and other dictators would simply come and take all you had, declaring that your are an enemy, but here our Government simply print and dilute the value of US$, what you work very hard for all your life.

Even though I have only been retired for 10-1/2 years things have changed enough that my skills are probably dated enough that I'd need a lot of remedial training to go back to work... so NO WAY.

Heh, heh, I tried to recall what my exact j*b was almost 17 years ago. I really can not. I don't know if that's good or bad, but no way would they want me back. 17 years is almost half as long as I was at megacorp! YMMV

Strictly a 'filler' article IMHO.

That too! Plus, I am much lazier now.:cool:

To retire early you really do need to be financially independent - FIRE.

If you have a reasonable plan, you should be able to weather the normal business cycle without problems.

So, after 10+ wonderful years of FIRE, my answer is “of course not”.

+1

People, like myself, who had physically demanding jobs, like electricians, construction, plumbers, HVAC technicians etc., would not be able to keep up with job responsibilities when they are 60+. Besides nobody would hire them as employers in those fields hiring people over 50 is very rare.

Back
Top Bottom