Should have moved annuity over sooner

dtbach

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was "sold" an annuity from Pacific Life about 8 years ago and have never been totally happy. Could not really find out on the website what the performance was (you end up getting a list of the funds that are in it) instead of a graph or table. And of course the fees are inscrutable.

So I just got off the phone from Vanguard where a rep made it REALLY easy to move it over to them. And what I learned was that my old annuity was charging around 2.59% in fees, and the new one from Vanguard will have .54% in fees and will emulate Wellington.

Much happier right now.

I have a deferred annuity at Fidelity with .25% fee. That is stupid cheap.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I also have an annuity that I'm unhappy with. I talked with DW's FA - he suggested a 1035 exchange into another annuity.

I haven't done it yet. I didn't know that Vanguard had annuities. I'll give Vanguard a call.

I have a deferred annuity with TIAA-CREF.....they don't publish the fees, just the annual interest rate which is currently 4.85%

You probably have an fixed income SPDA... the fees are buried in the earnings rate... separate fees for M&E and admin and other stuff are more common with variable annuities which have fund-like investments in subaccounts that are part of the annuity.

Back
Top Bottom