YTD Performance Poll

As of today (8/2/2011) what is your YTD total return on your retirement investments?

• More than 3%

Votes: 51 39.5%
  • Between 2% and 3%

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Between 1% and 2%

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Between 0% and 1%

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Essentially 0%

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Between 0% and -1%

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Between -1% and -2%

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Between -2% and -3%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Less than -3%

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
Since my original reply to this thread, the market has collapsed even further, and I'm pushing even for YTD. Suspect I will be in the red before much longer - but I'll hold on to what I have.

Oil majors have really taken it on the chin - stocks are priced like as if no one will be driving anymore, and we are all going to emulate the Amish with their horse & buggy. One would think that Oil has become a toxic substance, akin to nuclear waste.

Here's hoping everyone is not too badly hit.

As of June 30 (last time I calculated) I had an annualized rate of return of 7.03% for all investments.

As of yesterday 5.94%.

AA is 60/40 split between five index funds.

Tomorrow the return will be lower unfortunately.

Relax, we've all seen worse.

^^ Excellent advice.

Rebalance if you hit your bands.
Consider tax loss harvesting your taxable accounts.
I also just realized another reason why I don't track the YTD #. It can change quickly.

DD

The way things are going, maybe we should poll again in another week...

Still over 3% since I pulled out last Monday -- except some IBM stock which got hit. Fortunately IBM had skyrocketed so much, the $171 looks very good to me.

Relax, we've all seen worse.

True.... and my allocation can (hopefully) handle it... I set it up to be FIRE proof (pun intended).

But do I have to watch the same show again and again so many times in a row in such a short period of time? :D

As of yesterday 5.94%.

AA is 60/40 split between five index funds.

Tomorrow the return will be lower unfortunately.

Just curious, did you get that number from Quicken?

Yesterday...

ASSET CLASS|ACTUAL|TARGET
CASH|10.17%|10.00%
BONDS|43.13%|42.50%
STOCKS|36.30%|37.50%
RE|5.50%|5.00%
COMM|4.91%|5.00%

Today...

ASSET CLASS|ACTUAL|TARGET
CASH|10.41%|10.00%
BONDS|44.22%|42.50%
STOCKS|35.12%|37.50%
RE|5.29%|5.00%
COMM|4.96%|5.00%

No where near my rebalance band of 25%...

Yay! Despite the big sell off today, I'm still up 1.01% YTD. o_O

Of course there's always tomorrow.

A little gallows humor!

"Stay the course, stay the course..."

After the index funds reported on 8-4-11 we are down 0.4% for the year on stocks and Wellesley. Other stuff is doing better.

Yesterday, up 5.61%, today, up appx. 1.61%...this is my trading funds not my 401k...lucky to be in the green on that one...

Wowza, the number I posted a few days back isn't true anymore. But I'm not worried, I'll sleep like a baby as always.

By chance (just retired and have a pension lump sum and 401k) I have a huge pile of cash from rollovers that was destined for bond funds, hmmm mm...

Back
Top Bottom