Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased the last gift for one of the 61 kids at a school for housing insecure kids. It's a great school, this is the second year we've bought Christmas gifts for each kid. I had a lot of fun picking out presents. We will deliver the gifts to the school on Tuesday.

I compared the names of the kids from last year to this year and was sad to see a 85% turn over. My hope is that those kids now have homes and don't qualify to be at that particular school anymore.

Just purchased the last gift for one of the 61 kids at a school for housing insecure kids. It's a great school, this is the second year we've bought Christmas gifts for each kid. I had a lot of fun picking out presents. We will deliver the gifts to the school on Tuesday.

I compared the names of the kids from last year to this year and was sad to see a 85% turn over. My hope is that those kids now have homes and don't qualify to be at that particular school anymore.

What a kind way to BTD, when it is for others.

Very nice!:)

If it makes anyone feel better, at our last home we had a neighbor with a very large house that stood out dramatically from everything else in the neighborhood. I recently looked it up on the county auditor's website and saw that after a couple of exemptions he is paying over $30K annually in property tax. Without the exemptions it would have been $42K.

If it makes anyone feel better, at our last home we had a neighbor with a very large house that stood out dramatically from everything else in the neighborhood. I recently looked it up on the county auditor's website and saw that after a couple of exemptions he is paying over $30K annually in property tax. Without the exemptions it would have been $42K.
Yeah. My nephew is paying $42k in property tax in the Philadelphia area.:facepalm:

Yeah. My nephew is paying $42k in property tax in the Philadelphia area.:facepalm:

Well, since that's not something that could have taken him by surprise, he certainly knew before buying it. Congratulations to him for having what most of us would consider an enormous income!

Just back from the oral surgeon where I had 2 implants placed after the tooth upholding a bridge decayed and had to be extracted. Looks like it will be $10K for both, all-in, including the dentist placing the prosthetic teeth after it's all healed. I am very grateful to have the resources for this. My teeth weren't programmed to last as long as the rest of me despite careful preventative care and these were my 6th and 7th implants. I'd have a patchwork of partial plates by now if I didn't have this option.

You could be my twin sister when it comes to dental work. My body has outlived my teeth too. I have a new implant in since September and a tooth scheduled for December. That's my third and I still have a partial bridge and the rest are crowns. No new pickup truck for me! :LOL:

Husqvarna backpack leaf blower. Highest powered one I could find short of a commercial one.
I scored one brand new off craigslist few years ago. Starts with one pull every time. I use 100% pure gas in all my small engine toys.

I "retired" from paying $20K a year to $3K this year. What a change! I can blow more dough on the toys now.

Speaking of dough, the workshop foundation was done at a tune of $24K few weeks ago and now guys are erecting metal building as I write this. Labor: $13K but I am glad I paid them after watching them build it. It took 4 men crew 3 days just to put the frame up (even with the sky track, scissors lift, power tools and the whole nine yard). The guy is estimating 4-5 more days of work for sheeting the building.

Well, since that's not something that could have taken him by surprise, he certainly knew before buying it. Congratulations to him for having what most of us would consider an enormous income!
No definitely not by surprise and he does have a very large income. Just my frugal self could never do that. Seems foolish to me. :)

I "retired" from paying $20K a year to $3K this year. What a change! I can blow more dough on the toys now.

Speaking of dough, the workshop foundation was done at a tune of $24K few weeks ago and now guys are erecting metal building as I write this. Labor: $13K but I am glad I paid them after watching them build it. It took 4 men crew 3 days just to put the frame up (even with the sky track, scissors lift, power tools and the whole nine yard). The guy is estimating 4-5 more days of work for sheeting the building.

When it's finished, please post a couple of photos!:)

Buying a snowbird place in FL. A deeded lot in an RV resort place, has a small ~700 square ft house on the lot with full kitchen, bath, and living area. I plan to add a screen room in future, but for now savings took a $200K hit on the purchase. Be nice to have our own permanent place to go, rather than renting.

Buying a snowbird place in FL. A deeded lot in an RV resort place, has a small ~700 square ft house on the lot with full kitchen, bath, and living area. I plan to add a screen room in future, but for now savings took a $200K hit on the purchase. Be nice to have our own permanent place to go, rather than renting.

That sounds great! Wow, have RE prices gone nutso.

New CA King bed in the master and a new Queen mattress in the corner.

Got off easy, only 3 grand - :) But gotta get 2 head boards down the line.

A deer hit my Honda.... It ran between two houses and skimmed across my front end. New bumper and grill needed, no air bag deployment.
Not really a BTD, but $1000. insurance deductible.

A deer hit my Honda.... It ran between two houses and skimmed across my front end.

Sorry. Had a similar situation with a large coyote last year. Poor critter ran across almost all of an eight lane freeway (I-5 @ Grapevine), dodging all the cars until he impacted and put a large dent in the side of my Subaru wagon. Paid the deductible and Subaru got all fixed up.

Bought a new twin bed for the guest room, there was already one twin bed there. So two grandkids can stay over, or we can push them together if we have an adult couple visiting :)

That sounds great! Wow, have RE prices gone nutso.
There are places where one can spend $400K, or a simple basic pad for $50K. Just like all other real estate, location matters. Also the amenities at the RV resort/park. Resort is a very wide ranging used term.

Took advantage of the free shipping for Veteran's Day at Olma Caviar and got me 100g of Russian Osetra and 100g of Paddlefish and the fresh cream of course.

Only $320 - :)

DH took advantage of the Veterans Day military discount to get 30% off on the StarGazer 12 inch cast iron skillet normally $145. He waited a whole year!

Bought a Fitbit charge 5 from Costco to replace my 3 year old Versa that is starting to have problems (too may drops on hard surfaces).

Originally $179 but with Costco $50 off plus tax and shipping I am out the door at $135.29!:cool:

(not really a "Robbie" type BTD, but buying something frivolous just for me is not a normal occurrence.)

Last edited:
I bought a couple of new vessel sinks to go in our newly remodeled master bath.

After nearly 5 months away from home (house flooded) we expect to be back the first week of December.

Attachments

• AF7B3948-FF78-45F5-BDB3-35C34ED58E2E.jpg
    AF7B3948-FF78-45F5-BDB3-35C34ED58E2E.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom