Class of 2019

Hello all! One year check in...so very grateful to not have to go to w*rk and deal with whatever rules are in place that week regarding COVID. We have spent the past 12 mos renovating our forever home, and after concrete in front of driveway/ramp goes in, and contractors are paid...we get to shop for living room & billiard room furniture!! Yay!! I still let out a little squeal on the 1st of each month as 2 pensions and VA disability payments arrive. Still looking forward to getting into a retirement groove [emoji41]

Also wish the Covid antibodies test was more reliable!

Just checking in. Everything is still fine. Hope all is well with everyone. Still trying to keep DW from spending like a drunken sailor (I'm Army so I can bust the chops of fellow servicemen). :D

Doing great here!

Who knew we'd retire into a pandemic along with DH needing major surgery (lumbar fusion) in 2020? Never planned for those two things to happen in our first year of retirement!

Thankfully, DH is doing fabulously after his surgery (life changing improvement - so grateful!!!), and we have so far survived the pandemic unscathed both in terms of health and finances. We are so grateful we retired when we did so that we could hunker down, isolate, AND recover from major surgery on our own schedule with no work stress/pressure.

Now, we are planning to go do in 2021 what we had hoped to do in 2020. We have multiple trips planned for this summer. Right now we have visits to see both of our families in MO/AK/PA planned as well as a trip to Colorado. In Colorado we had planned to just visit friends, but recently a fabulous housesit/petsit in Fort Collins opened up - so we interviewed and got it. Before DH retired, we could have never just added a week onto our vacation schedule like that. The feeling of freedom to do what we want when we want is so amazing!

Still have more trips to plan including a sailing trip in Maine with my brother and hopefully a side trip to Acadia National Park. It's amazing to finally be planning to do the things we dreamed about in retirement!

Hope everyone else is doing well in retirement. :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom