Class of 2019

If I wasn’t doing “no beer January” I would have a beer.[emoji3]

No beer January? What the heck? Why?? Glad I missed this post cause Jan is over, and now I don't have to consider this. Honestly no wine would be harder. If there is a no wine month I do NOT want to know what it is.

Congrats- how did the announcement go?

I wrote out my resignation letter last year, dating it January 2nd. Last week, I was annoyed at work, and updated the date. Every time I do so, it makes me feel better. Knowing it's written, and ready to submit. Maybe one day this year, I'll actually turn it in!

Thanks. Announcement went great . I did the “no beer January “ because we have really good craft beer here in Vermont and way too many calories were being consumed[emoji3][emoji481].
I am now having a beer!!

Ok, I'm officially in for the class of 2019 - submitted my resignation paper two days ago. My last day of work will be June 1, 2019!

Like it or not I'm here. I bailed from the class of 2021. I verbally told my manager yesterday that my last day will be 13 April. Numbers say I can. DW is currently in the hospital and SIL passed away this morning after a week of illness. Life is too short. My manager understood as her Father retired the day he turned 62. I hope this next phase in life is all that members here say.

Like it or not I'm here. I bailed from the class of 2021. I verbally told my manager yesterday that my last day will be 13 April. Numbers say I can. DW is currently in the hospital and SIL passed away this morning after a week of illness. Life is too short. My manager understood as her Father retired the day he turned 62. I hope this next phase in life is all that members here say.

Congrats and it will be.

Have pretty well decided on afew more months that will push us into 2020, 1-Jun-20 is our new retirement date.

Main reason is to build up the pile abit more.

But can go at anytime between now and then....if things become too aggravating or something else. That is a nice feeling for sure

I hope all is well with your wife and sorry for the loss of SIL.
Retirement is everything you hope/make it be. To me, it's wonderful.:)

Got the green-light to use 400 hours of sick leave (12 weeks) under FMLA. There's only 9 weeks until 13 April. Used some for SIL's funeral. DW is still in the hospital. She is expected to get out Thursday (21 Feb) and will require daily care. Will need to go in to w*rk periodically to wind things down and hand over duties. The apprehension of doing this is probably worse than the event itself.

I am so sorry to hear of your SIL's passing and your wife's hospitalization...I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. You need time to be with them and take care of important things - I'm glad you are retiring.

It's finally official now. Gave my notice yesterday, effective July 1, which surprised my manager, but he's very happy for me. Next 4.5 months will probably go slow, but determined to do my best until time to go. Already have trips planned for July and August. This morning definitely has a different "feel" to it.

Things are slowing down at work so the boss and I mutually concluded it was time to move on. Essentially I volunteered to retire early, taking the heat off for him to let someone go from the management team. My plan is to work through 14-June, use up vacation and process out 8-July.

Feels pretty darn good now that I've had a chance to think it all through! DW will have been retired for 2 years by June and she has been on me to get on with it.

Looking forward to a new and wonderful phase in our lives!

Turned in my official resignation letter today with an end date of 13 April.:dance: The anxiety leading up to this point is like a HUGE weight off my shoulders.:D Will turn 55 later this year. DW is home but requires daily care as well as visits from physical therapy and a home nurse. DS can stay at the house for those days I do need to come and wind things down. Personally told 5 levels of managers (who all have been great the last 7 years) and they were all supportive of my decision.

OK, if everything goes as planned over the next 2 weeks, June 7th should be the day I FIRE. I am this close......(note changed my photo to represent this). It's been such a long road, but have been focused on it since I was 19. So 99 very challenging days left.

June 7, 2019 is my last day. Wow, time sure slows after you start the countdown. I have 66 working days until FIRE. My wife will be in her second year of retirement starting in June, so we are ready to start traveling and enjoying the fruits of our years of 9 to 5.

I was originally in the class of 2020, but I have decided to retire in April. I am debating just when to give official notice. My current position has gotten to the point, I hate coming to the office. I have run various scenarios and we have more then enough for me to leave now. (DW retired two years ago and now works about eight hours a week.)

There is a chance I could continue on part time as a consultant. But it would be reporting directly to the CEO who I have enjoyed working with many times over the past 15 years.

June 7, 2019 is my last day. Wow, time sure slows after you start the countdown. I have 66 working days until FIRE. My wife will be in her second year of retirement starting in June, so we are ready to start traveling and enjoying the fruits of our years of 9 to 5.

Congrats! That is my last day also. I originally turned in my paperwork for 13 April but HR recommended using my sick leave under FMLA (paperwork already on file and DW needs daily assistance). They approved 50 days sick leave which pushes me out to 7 June going in 2 days a week.

Shabby and Lawrencewendall, We are all three retiring on the 7th. I challenge you both, to see who has the longest, happiest retirement. With the gantlet thrown down, I hope you both beat me by at least one day and one smile.

Shabby and Lawrencewendall, We are all three retiring on the 7th. I challenge you both, to see who has the longest, happiest retirement. With the gantlet thrown down, I hope you both beat me by at least one day and one smile.
Challenge accepted. I just signed all my papers today to start the 90 day clock. Exciting stuff guys!

My day will be June 28th... just under four months to go!

Congrats, ChiliPepr. That's my last day too. My manager is going to publicize my retirement on Monday. So glad, it's finally "official". Just 111 days to go. :dance:

Goal was Class of '20, but moving to 2019!! Back at pre-military recall job...hoping to be done here by Halloween, then on to RV'ing, international traveling, and chillaxin'!! Happy to be joining ya'll

Back
Top Bottom