Class of 2019

Hey Gang
Been a while since posting. I have been reading every post, internally cheering each and every one of you in the class of 2019. I had targeted this as well, with an OMY option. Financially and other aspects of life have gone to plan. Medically it has not. Mortality is now a huge factor. I know this is in other threads but I leave it here. This is not a sympathy me post. Not at all. As part of the long term plan I did go PT several years ago and it has been wonderful. I don't hate my job. Having some work is a nice distraction now, and there are other benefits worth remaining in this holding pattern. With any luck I'll go out on my own in terms in 2020, and be around for to start Roth conversions - lol. Keep up the good work here.
Cheers

Hey Gang
Been a while since posting. I have been reading every post, internally cheering each and every one of you in the class of 2019. I had targeted this as well, with an OMY option. Financially and other aspects of life have gone to plan. Medically it has not. Mortality is now a huge factor. I know this is in other threads but I leave it here. This is not a sympathy me post. Not at all. As part of the long term plan I did go PT several years ago and it has been wonderful. I don't hate my job. Having some work is a nice distraction now, and there are other benefits worth remaining in this holding pattern. With any luck I'll go out on my own in terms in 2020, and be around for to start Roth conversions - lol. Keep up the good work here.
Cheers

Sorry to hear about the medical issues. Best of luck to you, and may you soon be healthy and retired on your own terms.

Sorry to hear about the medical issues. Best of luck to you, and may you soon be healthy and retired on your own terms.

Thanks. Didn’t mean to put a crimp in this thread. Want to hear from those making the finish line. Moving to class of 2020
Cheers.

ms gamboolgal and I are moving to Class of 2020.

It's abit ironic that we are moving for reasons other than financial as we have met our retirement "numbers".

I do hope and pray that next Christmas in Eket, Nigeria will be the last one before retirement on 31-Dec-20 and I will then be full time devoted to chasing ms gamboolgal around the old 4 poster buck neckid back in Texas.

Lifes A Dance And You Learn As You Go...

What a long, strange trip it's been

Well, I'm out.

A day earlier than expected. I handed in my keys, laptop, access chip, corporate credit card and gate pass this morning instead of tomorrow because the boss wanted to be off for New Year's Eve. How awesome is that!

Somewhere in the house we have a copy of Dr Seuss's "Oh The Places You'll Go". I gotta dig that out and re-read it as my new life commences.

Meanwhile, I think this calls for a lunch beer.

Well, I'm out.

A day earlier than expected. I handed in my keys, laptop, access chip, corporate credit card and gate pass this morning instead of tomorrow because the boss wanted to be off for New Year's Eve. How awesome is that!

Somewhere in the house we have a copy of Dr Seuss's "Oh The Places You'll Go". I gotta dig that out and re-read it as my new life commences.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Mdlerth! Enjoy this day! And especially enjoy tomorrow, when you wake up and have your morning coffee and KNOW that you don't have to go anywhere that you don't want to - that day and forever!

Well, I'm out.

Congrats.
Welcome to the best part of your life.

Well, I'm out.

Congratulations! It will be 6 months for me tomorrow since I did the same. Feeling when walking out the Megacorp door is indescribable. Enjoy your retirement!

Congratulations mdlearth! 10 months of fire for me from my crazy tech sales job and it’s been awesome especially with the market gains during my first year. I was only looking for 5-7% returns so I got lucky. I’ll have a virtual lunch beer with you as we hope for another year of solid stock market returns. Cheers!

Well, I'm out.

Congratulations! :dance::dance::dance:

I'm going to add myself to the Class of 2019. I joined this site in late 2015, thinking I was a year or two away...but we had a few OMY's to add.

I left my company in June but they asked me to stay on remotely in a consulting role. Initially it was about 10-15 hours a week, but over the last few months I'm averaging 3-5 hours a week - which to me is a win/win - it's the easiest "work", that I've done...pays the grocery bills etc. and they maintained my health benefits for another year.

So basically, I'm 99% retired, having relocated to coastal North Carolina...and enjoying all my free time - and my health is better as I'm golfing, playing pickleball, going to the gym, running, walking, etc.

Final listing for the Class of 2019

I backed through this thread to try and document (immortalize?:LOL:) the final count for the Class of 2019. If someone in not listed or mis-listed, please add or subtract as appropriate. I count 56 of us.

Alvin Tostig - Juneish
Pete10k - Feb.
Jimmie - June
Big_Hitter - Dec.
Mdlerth - Dec.
Out of - Steam - Sept.
Castaspey - Dec.
bUU - July
vipertom1970 - Sept.
Canoesmith - Dec.
X501 - Dec.
simple girl - Dec.
Octogirl - Dec.
O2Bfree- Aug.
BigMoneyJim - Oct.
Downtown - Sept.
Finance Dave - Jan.
Fireup2020 - Oct.
Carpediem - July
Backpacker - Aug.
1242Vintage - May
kfsinc - June
Bruno - July
Sturbridge - June
bushpilot - June
ER Eddie - June
pullin - June
Lawrencewendall - June
freedomatlast - June
ChiliPepr - June
atmsmshr - June
Glide77rocks - Apr.
NXR7 - May
Shabby - June
CindyBlue - June
Perryinva - June
garyt - May
Montecfo - May
Old Crow - Aug.
Kabowest - June
LRDave - Apr.:cool:
EastWest Gal - Apr.
YakGrl - Apr.
cantfindmyglasses - Mar.
FI50 - Mar.
SALTedOut - May
Line Dawg -June
lakerunner - Apr.
Osprey - Feb.
fishvt - May
retiresumtime - Apr.
camfused - Jan.
GR111 - Jan.
chrisaukcam - Feb.
like2 - Mar.
Canoeboy - Jan.

Congrats to all !!!! don't forget to start thinking about Roth Conversion if you are in a low tax bracket.

Can I join? I lost my job end of September and planned to find another job but DH told me this weekend that I do not have to get another job. I’m going to help him a little with his business a few hours a week but I’m officially out of the corporate 8-5 world!

I suppose I need to be added to the Class of 2019 as well. I lost my job with Mega Corp in June 2019 and took some time off. Fortunately our financial position has allowed me the flexibility to make the decision that I am not going to return to work. I have throughly enjoyed these last 7 months doing a fair amount of traveling and working around the house. No more OMY for me. Congrats to all that made it to FIRE and to those working diligently in the pursuit.

Back
Top Bottom