Class of 2022

Hello fellow 2022ers. I can now add myself to this group! Exact date is still TBD. (Not sure how to link to my updated post in the “Hi, I am…” thread….) I will definitely be seeking moral support here — it will be weird to leave my employer where I’ve worked for 20+ years. Very excited to go try some new things at 50 while I have my health to do so! https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/free-at-50-the-to-do-list-begins-109249.html#post2719050
Fixed it for ya!!

Hello fellow 2022ers. I can now add myself to this group! Exact date is still TBD. (Not sure how to link to my updated post in the “Hi, I am…” thread….) I will definitely be seeking moral support here — it will be weird to leave my employer where I’ve worked for 20+ years. Very excited to go try some new things at 50 while I have my health to do so!
Yay! Welcome to the class! You'll definitely run through a range of emotions...but most will be positive. It gets better when you get to a date certain that's communicated to your employer and family/friends! Good luck!

I haven't logged in this forum for 6 years, but kept saving and investing for more than a decade. Now it's time for me to stop at 38 with 7 figures and ~1% SWR.

I'm anxious, I'm excited, I'm ready.

Date is Feb 2022. Counting the days :dance::dance::dance:!

I don't want to mess the list so if anyone could add my name to it would be appreciated!

Adding Leonardo to our class (congrats!) and updating my entry with a date certain January 21st :dance:

I haven't logged in this forum for 6 years, but kept saving and investing for more than a decade. Now it's time for me to stop at 38 with 7 figures and ~1% SWR.

I'm anxious, I'm excited, I'm ready.

Date is Feb 2022. Counting the days :dance::dance::dance:!

I don't want to mess the list so if anyone could add my name to it would be appreciated!

Congrats, Leonardo! Nicely done these last 6 years!

First FIRE graduate of 2022!

I DID IT!!!:dance: I can't wait for Monday :D

roady-runner - Jan 2022
dadu007- - Jan 2022
oldmedic - Jan 2022
caninelover - Jan 21 2022 - FIRE'd
Present Aside - Feb 2, 2022
Leonardo - Feb 2022
Escapevelocity - Feb 2022
kaudrey - Feb 2022
Romer- Feb 2022
Ozinvestor - March 2022
Dean56 - March 2022
Travis Bickle - March 2022
Pompanobeach - April 2022
fassmac - April 2022
Goingcamping - April 2022
ejw93 - April 2022
YVRRocketSurgery - April 2022
mmurphy111 - April 2022
cynicalbuthopeful - 1 May 2022
Jeffman52 - Moved to Class 2023
GTP2022 - May 2022
Jim59 - 6 May 2022
nhcycling - June 2022
plex - June 2022
beernutzbob - June 2022
retire48in2018 - June 2022
Physics Guy - June 2022
Poopycat - June 2022
ImThinkin2019 June 2022
Sean Pizzle - June 2022
David3 - June 2022
Mrs & Mr Bustergordon - 30 June
Silent Walker - July 2022
CaliKid - September 2022
BGH1 - September 2022
Unpaintedhuffhines - September 2022
firemediceric - October 2022
mountainsoft - December 2022
ExPatKiwi - December 2022
Panda Bear - XX 2022
Sam Cro - XX 2022
Dreams of Freedom - XX 2022
Callitaday - XX 2022
dd564 - XX 2022
Chris Texas - XX 2022
Bee4 - XX 2022
cyber888 - XX 2022
ecowtent-XX 2022
Aiming_4_55 - XX 2022

Congratulations canine lover, :dance: the first graduate of the Class of 2022. Your vocational freedom starts now.

I’ve 14 working days left to mine on the 15 March. Can’t wait, weather should be warming up, slightly.:)

WooHoo Caninelover, you made it!!! :cool:
Now everyday will be Saturday.......at least that what's every retiree says.

Thanks Jim and Dean.

I may need to pinch myself on Monday morning to make sure I'm not dreaming :LOL:

Congratulations, Caninelover! Would love to hear about your first non-working day!

Congratulations canine lover!!! We all can’t wait to hear how Sunday night and Monday feel! Enjoy the ‘weekend’ and please update us in these next few days. :)

that has to feel good!
Today is the first Monday free of wage slavery! Yesterday was Sunday and I'm normally out running errands to get ready for the week. Not yesterday! It was all relaxing. Last night I was actually excited for Monday!

I'm going to the store later this morning when it should be pretty empty. Then back home and maybe some chores around the house. Have a nice relaxing lunch and then workout. After that I may nap. Or not.

This feels wonderful!

Today is the first Monday free of wage slavery! Yesterday was Sunday and I'm normally out running errands to get ready for the week. Not yesterday! It was all relaxing. Last night I was actually excited for Monday!

I'm going to the store later this morning when it should be pretty empty. Then back home and maybe some chores around the house. Have a nice relaxing lunch and then workout. After that I may nap. Or not.

This feels wonderful!
Congrats!

My last day is February 25th. They've been interviewing for my replacement; the paperwork with HR is in process...I have 16 more working days left...

Congratulations again, caninelover. That first day, you're almost in a daze. And guess what - at least in my experience, it only gets better! Tomorrow is going to feel just as luxurious as today.

January seems to have flown by from my perspective.
Congrats to the January cohort and onto to the February crew with great anticipation! :)

Last day is two days away. Combination of excited and scared. It is like repelling off a cliff. You have a harness and intellectually know you will be ok, but taking that first step backward off the edge is still scary.

Congrats to the upcoming Feb graduates! I just started my 2nd week of freedom. You'll love it!

I'm already wondering how I ever fit w*rk into the day :)

I retired from my former investment company in 2016 at age 46 and was retired for approximately 9 months before a Partner at my old firm asked me to join his start up as the Chief Operating Officer. We launched in the beginning of 2017. At the end of this month the firm is merging with a larger institution and I am walking away. Retirement 2.0 on February 28, 2022 at the age of 52. And this time I am done for good.

Back
Top Bottom