Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was beat for sure. I could not figure out a last attempt for a couple minutes. Then it hit me. Ugh.

Wordle 233 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I barely got it today…

Wordle 233 6/6

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]🟨🟨
[emoji834]🟨🟨[emoji834][emoji834]
[emoji834]🟩🟨[emoji834][emoji834]
[emoji834]🟩[emoji834]🟩🟨
[emoji834]🟩[emoji834]🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 233 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My second guess I actually forgot to use one of the letters from the first word. Who knows if it would have ended up helping or not. Yesterday was done in 5 guesses.

Quite a few similar games are being created. Abursdle: https://qntm.org/absurdle

Described as "is an adversarial variant of the charming and (currently) viral word guessing game Wordle.".

I played a couple of times. The basic is your first guess sets up the rest of the game. Depending on your second and maybe third guess, the word can actually change. 4 appears to be the best you can score with 7 being the most common. It is not limited like Wordle.

cd :O)

Wordle 233 5/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After being so close with my second word I thought I'd be able to get it in 3. But no, not 3, not 4. I needed 5!

And thanks to whoever posted about using "Go Advanced" to post the color graph, that worked nicely. Will have to remember that.

Last edited:
Wordle 233 4/6*

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟩
[emoji833]🟩[emoji833][emoji833]🟩
[emoji833]🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in 5 today. I 'm trying to track my time as well, took me ~ 16 minutes, with some distractions in there.

ALL β€œHARD MODE”:

------- DATE: - SCORE: - MEDIAN ---- AVG ---- GAMES PLAYED

07 Feb2022 ----------- 5 ------- 4.00 ----- 3.91 ----- 22

My archive play took 5 and could have been 6, ended up with 4 greens, but the 5th letter had enough possibilities that I saw that could have taken me to 6.

Still no losses in either. I'm surprised how many here are not selecting "Hard Mode". I'd definitely be improving my average if I could use more letters early on for eliminations.

-ERD50

Got it in 5 today. I 'm trying to track my time as well, took me ~ 16 minutes, with some distractions in there.

ALL β€œHARD MODE”:

------- DATE: - SCORE: - MEDIAN ---- AVG ---- GAMES PLAYED

07 Feb2022 ----------- 5 ------- 4.00 ----- 3.91 ----- 22

My archive play took 5 and could have been 6, ended up with 4 greens, but the 5th letter had enough possibilities that I saw that could have taken me to 6.

Still no losses in either. I'm surprised how many here are not selecting "Hard Mode". I'd definitely be improving my average if I could use more letters early on for eliminations.

-ERD50

To some extent, wouldn't the flip side be that you are using more guesses to eliminate more letters and this would "partially" increase your total guesses?

Hard mode doesn’t seem harder, just different IMO?

Wordle 233 4/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

To some extent, wouldn't the flip side be that you are using more guesses to eliminate more letters and this would "partially" increase your total guesses?

Hard mode doesn’t seem harder, just different IMO?

Wordle 233 4/6*

��⬜⬜⬜��
����⬜��⬜
⬜⬜������
οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

"Easy Mode" gives you the option to force more eliminations. It opens up a strategy that is unavailable in "Hard Mode".

True, using this strategy with "Easy Mode" you give up a chance at a possible early win, but I'd bet that on average, a carefully chosen "Easy Mode" word to drive eliminations will pay off overall.

Take this example: You have 4 greens on turn 2, but 5 possible matches, you might lose, because you can only eliminate 1 letter at a time. In easy mode, I could eliminate 5 at a time (if I can make up a legit word with all 5).

This isn't theoretical, a recent puzzle had this as a very real possibility. *IGHT has 8 common word possibilities: eight, fight, light, might, night, right, tight, sight. In "Easy Mode", for guess 3, I could try words to eliminate as many "e-f-l-m-n-r-t-s" letters as I could find a word for. "ESTER" eliminates eight, right, tight, sight in one turn in "Easy Mode", but is unavailable in "Hard Mode". "FELTS", "FRETS", "LEFTS" are even better, each word hits on five of the eight ("T" is questionable, as it is already a given, but at least 4 of 5). And so on.

edit/add: and next step, if you used "FRETS" that leaves only L-M-N-T as possibles, and "LEMON" eliminates all but "T".

-ERD50

Last edited:
Wordle 233 5/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pulled in the big guns today. DW helped and we got it in 5.

Wordle 233 5/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My son is in town and was also playing - he got in four and is gloating about it. LOL.

Wordle 233 5/6

⬜⬜����⬜
⬜⬜������
⬜��⬜����
⬜��⬜����
����������

Wordle 233 6/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟨
[emoji833]🟨[emoji833][emoji833]🟨
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟩🟩
[emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟩🟩
🟨🟨[emoji833]🟩🟩