Do you dread weekends?

Yes we often say "Wow where did all the traffic come from? Oh yeah, it's Saturday! We also try to avoid rush hour and noon hour when driving to appointments. Even lunches start at 1130 or 130.

I don't hate the weekend.. because I still work (it is my respite). But I my perspective will shift when we ER. Crowded often translates to extra frustration and stress.

Heck we try to go to the grocery store early (morning) on the weekend just to avoid the crowd.

ER will be great when it comes to this issue and stores, restaurants, and entertainment. Not to mention that entertainment and restaurants can be less expensive on off-peak hours.

yes, we have altered our daily/weekly structure. We call ourselves "the opposites". We travel to our beach house on Sunday night and leave for home on Thursday night. We go to breakfast on Wednesday morning instead of weekends. Come to think of it, we barely go out on weekends.

There is a resort about 12 miles form home, that has some really good food, and seating for about 250-300 people. From Friday through Sunday you have to wait in line....so people who've gone there those days tell me (though I'll never find out 'first-hand'). We went there on Wednesday, and there were only 11 people there besides us....three tables total. Each table had their (our) own waitress.

The food was great! The service was great! And best of all NO crowds or lines!

I went past there today and you couldn't even get a parking spot in their massive parking lot!

Those Monday through Thursday "weekends" are GREAT!!!

I'm not retired yet but one of my favorite lines is the one about the rich retired (or never had to work) guy who has to remember which day is Sunday because he needs to know when the banks are closed.

Too funny! I hate weekends! Too many working stiffs around. I do all my lawn and house maintenance on weekends.

Back
Top Bottom