High cost of Weddings

Yeah Baby!

Next up popcorn ceiling removal, re-texture and paint, 4 grand.

Congratulations RobbieB and Mrs. RobbieB! What a wonderful way to blow some of that dough. :dance::dance::dance:

Thanks. We hope to get these home improvements done (or about two thirds) paint and floors so we can get wifey's home emptied and her moved in by November 1. In between we also need to get her daughter installed at UCLA.

It's been a flurry of activity

Congratulations, Robbie! Such happy times!!!

Oooups, forgot the photographer, $13,500

I dunno RobbieB..... I thought that you were one of those "blow that dough" kind of guys, but $13,500 for a wedding sounds pretty frugal to me. You're losing your touch.

Congratulations and best wishes.

I dunno RobbieB..... I thought that you were one of those "blow that dough" kind of guys, but $13,500 for a wedding sounds pretty frugal to me. You're losing your touch.

Is that before or after the value of gifts from the guests?

Final recount of the wedding!

The wedding was this past weekend. It was a great time. The rehearsal was a relatively modest $6 grand for 50 people. The wedding itself was about 250 people, cocktail hour (not top shelf, but middle shelf liqueur!), sit down dinner with a fantastic dessert table. Drinking and dancing until after 1:30 am!

The wedding went off without a hitch :facepalm:, and the dancer of the night was my 91 year old Mother who danced with each of her 9 grandchildren, all 4 of her children and was involved in several group dances with her fists pumping! It was a sight to see. The general estimates of the cost range from $125k up to $200k (depends on the cost of the band and some of the "extras"). I contributed $10k to the cause and my DM paid $5k for the rehearsal dinner.

Glad I was able to attend an event like this, and even more happy that I limited my costs up front!

Hope the person paying was wealthy so it’s not hurting.

I've read the first & last two posts of this thread.

I don't get it & never would.

No matter how expensive the wedding is, the divorce is always expensiver.

No matter how expensive the wedding is, the divorce is always expensiver.

Yes, my California divorce cost in 1992 was more than that wedding's high end when you take into consideration the lawyer's fees, alimony, other separation expenses.

The thing is that most of the costs are discretionary. It is all about choice.

Like most other things!

Taxman--
Glad you all had a wonderful time! Congratulations

Back
Top Bottom