Does your bed get made every day?

• Yes

Votes: 193 64.8%
  • No

Votes: 105 35.2%

• Total voters

O2Bfree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've never been one to make the bed every day. I do flop the covers and sheet back, thinking it might be good to let the bedding air out, but that's about it. Otherwise, it gets made when we wash the sheets and occasionally when I think someone outside the family might see our bedroom.

I thought after I retired I might be motivated to make the bed after breakfast, but naahhhh.

How about others, do you make your bed every day?

No. When it gets all askew and pulled away with my rolling, I just yank it back straight. About twice a week.

Guess I should have used passive voice, "Does your bed get made every day"...

Why would I make the bed if I'm going to climb into it at night (plus a couple naps)?

I always make my bed . My Mother would turn over in her grave if I stopped making my bed .

I became a daily bedmaker after retiring. However, a few years ago, DH asked me to stop making his side of the bed as he didn't like unmaking it each evening. I still "make" my side of the bed because I *do* like pulling the covers down!

I always make my bed . My Mother would turn over in her grave if I stopped making my bed .

I hear that! My mom glanced into our bedroom recently and noted that it was past noon and I still hadn't made my bed. :rolleyes: She is nearly 91 and makes hers every day. But then she's a restless sleeper, so the covers get all tangled up.

It takes a minute or two to make the bed. I feel better for it, so I do it every morning shortly after rising.

No, but DW does.

Not sure how to answer the poll... (1) the way it's stated?, or (2) the way OP modified it in post #6?

I make my bed as part of my morning routine. It doesn’t take long and I find it’s a nice way to start the day.

It takes a minute or two to make the bed. I feel better for it, so I do it every morning shortly after rising.

+1
Only takes a minute or so to make the bed. It has always been part of getting up each morning so don't even think about it as a chore.

No, but DW does.

Not sure how to answer the poll... (1) the way it's stated?, or (2) the way OP modified it in post #6?

In the modified way, since you noticed.

I don't see a way to modify the title of the poll.

Yes! Everyday and first thing when I get up in the morning. I’m the last one up so I do it. When the kids were home and growing up they had to make their beds too. Start the day right - accomplish 1 little thing.

+1
Only takes a minute or so to make the bed. It has always been part of getting up each morning so don't even think about it as a chore.

+2
There's a few minimal things that absolutely must be done. Make bed, shave, shower (one more I can't say on forum). After that, anything goes.

I fixed the poll for you.

Now go make your beds everyone...

Back
Top Bottom