What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..........Two small dogs in strollers inside a fancy store, fighting, and going two rounds. If I were quicker in the draw I’d have filmed it for a YouTube upload. :)
Now this is truly absurd. Especially the second pass. :facepalm:

No walk this morning. Drove off island for a bone density test. It's recommended for all women over 65. The insurance people suggested it and they're paying for it.

Saw an eagle this morning. There's a tree nearby (the highest point around) where they often perch.

Huh?
Miz Feever, I'm hoping you can do something about that weather, cuz not long now 'til we're headed up toward those northern parts for our seasonal relocation.

BestWifeEver, I was shocked to read that you had snow there. It's almost May! I didn't realize it would snow in your part of the country this late in the year. Brrr. But never fear, summer is on its way. I know because it is 80F outside down here right now.

We’re shocked too W2R! It was mid-70s and gorgeous a week ago! Surely it will be banished by your visit to Chitown, Michael B. It is *still* snowing and trying to stick but the accumulation will be short-lived. Not the worst thing that could happen but still sucks. DH has herbs and flowers ready to go into the garden; he cut all the tulips and daffodils that were already blooming in the ground this morning as soon as it started.

Attachments

• F6CC8A1A-17CC-4579-A4AE-9F04D508B2A9.jpg
    F6CC8A1A-17CC-4579-A4AE-9F04D508B2A9.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Yesterday I attended a meeting of our local homebrew club. Part of the festivities (besides drinking samples of homebrew and eating) was an Easter Beer Hunt. Imagine a bunch of grown people racing around the yard looking for hidden bottles of beer! Awesome.

I just got back from a trip to Birmingham, AL. My brother-in-law's funeral. He died at 70.

2 1/2 days to get there and 2 days to get back. Biggest difference was rush hour traffic around big cities. I came back on Saturday and Sunday. I stayed with friends down in the flat lands Sunday night before heading up to my place this morning. 80 degrees yesterday. 32 now and it is supposed to snow this evening.

Quit my volunteer gig for the HOA after a few years in the trenches. Daily research for a new house. Tore my train set layout apart and put the trains on Craigslist. Did some woodworking. Misc decluttering.

This morning I made frosting succulents that will be air dried and used to decorate cupcakes for DD’s cinco de Mayo bridal shower. (Photo below).

After lunch I needed to get a few things from the supermarket. I could’ve gotten onto the car and done the errand in less than half an hour, but I decided to combine some exercise with shopping so I took my bike. It was such a nice day that I rode an extra ten miles before heading to the market.

When I got home, DH was pulling the window screens out of storage and washing them, so I felt compelled to start washing windows and installing the screens. After an hour and a half of that, we both had enough and called it a day.

IMG_0221.jpg

Went to pick up a new prescription to help my BPH, not sure it's doing anything. On the way I saw the first mule deer at this altitude for the year. I'd seen a few last week several hundred feet lower, miles away.

Tonight we watched 7 of them grazing along the canyon behind our house. They're back!!![emoji12]

Argued with the fine Anthem reps today. I'm putting everything in email now. These clowns are not willing to tell me anything they will approve as far as providers, procedures, or facilities. My plan has been to ask them my options and make them tell me. They've refused to answer my questions to date and I'm pushing for the answers in writing. My provider says there are no other options for several hundred miles, they're out of network too!

I didn't tolerate the Foley catheter and it was removed the same day. There's no flipping way I could have spent the night in that device. It would have been painfully removed by my flailing hands. Hopefully I don't have to go to the ER tonight for a temporary cath. If I do I'm gonna brag to Anthem about how much money they're wasting.

Caught these visitors, which we’ve never seen before, enjoying the results of our recent rains (that is not a pond, just standing water)—they quickly departed not having found any food

Attachments

• 29D685B5-D270-4D06-B69D-4F9B0606AA4C.jpg
    29D685B5-D270-4D06-B69D-4F9B0606AA4C.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 43
For the last 30 days, I have been doing a lot of DIY projects. So many projects have been piled up due to my busy ER schedule. I am catching up with vengeance. Today is no exception. I built a garden tool organizer in my garage. It was long overdue. As I get older, I don't remember where I left a tool. This will help find things, and save me time and frustration. Next DIY item? A wooden clamp.

Last edited:
Sold my train set on Craigs list. Did some woodworking. And since we've had a lot of rain, we went hiking at Starved Rock State Park to check out the waterfalls. Some trails were closed due to flooding.

Dropped the car off for some scheduled service. They don’t take appointments so we had to drive over first thing in the AM, at the peak of rush hour (aka crazy traffic hour). Those are some stressed out drivers, I feel for them.

Visited three different stores looking for stainless screws of a particular kind. No luck! I remember my dad bringing me with to a hardware store growing up. And they had row after row filled with all kinds screws, hinges and whatnot. But sadly that particular store is no more. And the new ones only have a few rows with the most common screws and nails.

Yesterday the mud flaps I ordered from China for my car arrived surprisingly early. They estimated early June but it only took 2 weeks. The Tesla forum where I got the idea recommended switching the screws for stainless ones. And how somebody managed to figure out that mudflaps for a Buick Lacrosse fit perfectly on a Model X I cannot imagine. But I'm glad they did. The front wheels throw up a lot of dirt.

Visited three different stores looking for stainless screws of a particular kind. No luck! I remember my dad bringing me with to a hardware store growing up. And they had row after row filled with all kinds screws, hinges and whatnot. But sadly that particular store is no more. And the new ones only have a few rows with the most common screws and nails.

Yesterday the mud flaps I ordered from China for my car arrived surprisingly early. They estimated early June but it only took 2 weeks. The Tesla forum where I got the idea recommended switching the screws for stainless ones. And how somebody managed to figure out that mudflaps for a Buick Lacrosse fit perfectly on a Model X I cannot imagine. But I'm glad they did. The front wheels throw up a lot of dirt.
Try Amazon. I find most unusual hardware for my projects from Amazon or eBay.

This morning's walk was the 6th in a row below 17 minutes/mile.
Wanted to see the crescent moon rise, but was cloudy.
Used the dryer because it was supposed to rain, but didn't.
Supper was refrigerator stew; tasty and lot of textures.

Solar install person replaced a panel sent by manufacturer; left a big gap in KW production around noon.

Walked dog at 6:30 am - raining. He hates rain. We got IT done!

Went to ROMEO group meeting (daily) - 7:15 - 9:30 am (old men, stories, kidding around, etc)

Walked dog at 10:00 am (not raining)

Breakfast (late) with DW - 11:00 am Noon

Goofed off for the rest of the day (continuing as I type this) :D

Went for what felt like the ten millionth doctor's appointment today.

Dr. repeated what others, (the hospital and elsewhere), have said "You were very, VERY, sick"...(Sepsis)

On one trip, by ambulance, to the hospital, they even asked about DNR......apparently, DW tells me, I said something along the lines of "I'm going to live through this".

One doc told us that, for every day spent in hospital with this, it generally takes seven to recover....that's seven weeks right there, regardless of all the other factors involved.

I'm inclined to believe that, if I hadn't been doing so much stair climbing beforehand, I might not have made it.

Still to come, kidney stone blasting on the right side, a prostate biopsy, and some way of figuring out why I had/have bladder infections.

Onward & Upwards.

Dr. repeated what others, (the hospital and elsewhere), have said "You were very, VERY, sick"...(Sepsis)

On one trip, by ambulance, to the hospital, they even asked about DNR......apparently, DW tells me, I said something along the lines of "I'm going to live through this".

One doc told us that, for every day spent in hospital with this, it generally takes seven to recover....that's seven weeks right there, regardless of all the other factors involved.

I'm inclined to believe that, if I hadn't been doing so much stair climbing beforehand, I might not have made it.

Still to come, kidney stone blasting on the right side, a prostate biopsy, and some way of figuring out why I had/have bladder infections.

Onward & Upwards.

Glad your condition continues to improve. :clap:

Bet when you get rid of those kidney stones completely, you'll feel like a million bucks. :)

Onward & Upwards.

Nemo , I think you need to give your body a rest before you have the the other side blasted .

Nemo , I think you need to give your body a rest before you have the the other side blasted .

Procedure currently scheduled for May 24. The incentive to have everything completed revolves around a concern that the infection(s) will recur, (and they haven't completely gone as of today), if it, (and the prostate biopsy), is delayed for too long.

Ironic...about seven weeks ago I thought I was (virtually) indestructible. :(

Ironic...about seven weeks ago I thought I was (virtually) indestructible. :(

That was my thinking last September just before my heart decided to beat at 200+ beats per minute whenever it decided to.... Now it's fixed (but what is next?).

That was my thinking last September just before my heart decided to beat at 200+ beats per minute whenever it decided to.... Now it's fixed (but what is next?).

As is said, "Man plans and God laughs".......DW and I discuss possibilities.....we still hope to get some more traveling in....maybe late 2020...but if it's not to be we're happy just to hang out together....for us being together supersedes all else.

Que será and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom