What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico, I am so glad you are OK!! That line of storms that went through here yesterday was awful in some locations, and caused a lot of property damage and a few deaths too. I think that might be the same line of storms that hit your area. We were supposed to get hit hard by it too, and had a tornado watch, severe thunderstorm watch, and wind alerts, but we lucked out and it wasn't that bad here thank goodness. That sounds so scary, huddling in the bathroom with your cats.

The local Social Security office that was supposed to call me yesterday, even shut down for the afternoon because of the predictions. So, they didn't call. Hopefully they will call next week but I have no idea.

Thanks very much for your concern! I do think it was the same line of storms. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of life. Glad to hear you didn't get the brunt of it.

It was definitely nerve-wracking there for a while. It felt as though it lasted a lot longer than it actually did. I'm just glad it happened during daylight hours (everything seems worse in the dark)!

Left Bilbao this morning. I am now in a small coastal town in the Principado de Asturias.

Tomorrow, I will make a day trip to Oviedo.

What drew me to this region was the guitar piece of the name Asturias that I never got tired of listening to.

Last edited:
Beautiful music.

Just finished flute choir rehearsal at my house. I’m exhausted from the last two days at work. Over 45 newborn exams in 2 days. I’m taking an hour nap now then getting out into the sunshine. Two more days in the nursery tomorrow and Monday.

Just finished flute choir rehearsal at my house. I’m exhausted from the last two days at work. Over 45 newborn exams in 2 days. I’m taking an hour nap now then getting out into the sunshine. Two more days in the nursery tomorrow and Monday.

Hang in there- you're nearly done!! :dance:

I use the Edge browser (so kill me now!!! :LOL: ) I know it's not cool to have a different opinion from the herd but I do. Anyway, this week I have been having fun playing with the Dev version of Chromium Edge. Chromium Edge uses the Chrome/Chromium engine but with the Edge exterior, and it is still in development. It is now available to those who seek it out, even though it isn't quite done yet. I think it is really slick. I got the reader view turned on and all the settings the way I want them. The rest of our members would probably prefer to walk through a briar patch barefoot, but hey, I am fairly eccentric (apparently) and this is my idea of having fun. :duh:

A night or two before the recent line of storms, F got out in the back yard with his telescope and camera and took the attached photo of the moon, which to me, is stunningly beautiful. If I understood him correctly, the blue color is due to physical filters rather than post processing. His equipment is not high end so I am sure there are better photos out there but to me, this one is all one could ever desire. The original is much higher resolution but I cut back on the pixels to post it.

Attachments

• Blue Moon small.jpg
    Blue Moon small.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 47
Since I bought the Casita camper, I need to sell my little UHaul, so I spent today cleaning it up and waxing it. It's funny how when you go to sell something, you realize how much you've loved it over the years. Not a bad looking gal for 34 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_6473.jpg
    IMG_6473.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 44
Picked more crabs today, made crab chowder.
Made eggs in InstantPot for first time; they were perfect!
Frogs making noise this morning after yesterday's rain.

Two days ago, near full moon caused a small blip of 15 watts on the solar panels at 3AM.

I use the Edge browser (so kill me now!!! :LOL: ) I know it's not cool to have a different opinion from the herd but I do. Anyway, this week I have been having fun playing with the Dev version of Chromium Edge. Chromium Edge uses the Chrome/Chromium engine but with the Edge exterior, and it is still in development. It is now available to those who seek it out, even though it isn't quite done yet. I think it is really slick. I got the reader view turned on and all the settings the way I want them. The rest of our members would probably prefer to walk through a briar patch barefoot, but hey, I am fairly eccentric (apparently) and this is my idea of having fun. :duh:

A night or two before the recent line of storms, F got out in the back yard with his telescope and camera and took the attached photo of the moon, which to me, is stunningly beautiful. If I understood him correctly, the blue color is due to physical filters rather than post processing. His equipment is not high end so I am sure there are better photos out there but to me, this one is all one could ever desire. The original is much higher resolution but I cut back on the pixels to post it.

I think that photo is amazing; thanks for sharing!

Reactions: W2R
Since I bought the Casita camper, I need to sell my little UHaul, so I spent today cleaning it up and waxing it. It's funny how when you go to sell something, you realize how much you've loved it over the years. Not a bad looking gal for 34 years old.

That's a beauty and should sell quickly!:cool:

Over the last couple days I've reclaimed the garage from winter. Power washed the two bays and discovered the workbench had mostly collapsed. Moved about 1000 pounds, mostly lead, away from the bench and rebuilt the bench in place. I won't be moving the lead back, some will go on the elevated floor and some will be placed elsewhere. The entire garage will be gone through and the floor print reduced.

Today I went to a medical dispensary looking for 4/20 specials. Not much out of the ordinary, but I did pick up a concentrate type vape. Pretty cool, just screw in cannibis vials. No smell to them, just the effects.

I rebuilt my work bench in garage, and repainted a storage shed. They were in both sad shape.

I DIY'd a TV antenna. It's the ugliest thing I've ever made but works. It is hooked up to a TV in my garage so it is safe from DW.

I DIY'd a TV antenna. It's the ugliest thing I've ever made but works. It is hooked up to a TV in my garage so it is safe from DW.
The one that F made for me out of 2x4's and wire is really ugly too! I just tuck it behind the TV, sort of, and to the left of it, angled off into the corner of the room between the TV and a bookcase (see below). Then I pretend it isn't there. After taking the photo below, I put a fake plant on top of the bookcase which hides the upper part of the antenna to some extent. Also normally there is not this much light back in that corner. Anyway, luckily I am able to ignore it almost completely by now, so that works for me. :LOL: See below.

Attachments

• Antenna_small.jpg
    Antenna_small.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 64
The one that F made for me out of 2x4's and wire is really ugly too! I just tuck it behind the TV, sort of, and to the left of it, angled off into the corner of the room between the TV and a bookcase (see below). Then I pretend it isn't there. After taking the photo below, I put a fake plant on top of the bookcase which hides the upper part of the antenna to some extent. Also normally there is not this much light back in that corner. Anyway, luckily I am able to ignore it almost completely by now, so that works for me. :LOL: See below.

LOL. Mine is just like yours but I have a lazy suzan at the bottom so I can turn it to different direction with STYLE. Hey, I didn't spare any effort. :D

Just back from church. Still a little hoarse after belting out the Hallelujah Chorus (and various and sundry other music) for two services. Currently have a beef brisket out in the smoker. It's just the young wife and me for Easter dinner this year. First time in 30 years that we haven't gone to New Jersey.

In addition to smoked brisket, we're having deviled eggs, the season's first asparagus from our garden, potato salad and carrot cake for dessert. And a nice bottle of Rioja Reserva 2011.

Best wishes to all.

Went to church earlier today. Out of consideration for all present, I keep my singing soft.

DH is finalizing dinner which includes a turkey, roast beef and lasagna.

Went to church earlier today. Out of consideration for all present, I keep my singing soft.

Drove to Los Angeles yesterdy to look in on DM who is living in an assisted living place. Took DM to her church for Sunday service today. I waited the service to end in the church parking lot (I am not a Christian). Then, drove back to Bay Area. A long day.

^^ Is that not about 750 mi. round trip?

I drove about 280km (175 mi) from Oviedo to Santiago de Compostela today, and that was enough. Relaxing now at an Airbnb, before thinking about what to do for dinner.

This morning's walk (3.03 mi) was average pace of 16:52 minutes/mile. One of my best ever.

About noon, got a phone call from the water utility. They had read the meter and told us we have a leak or a toilet running or something. He went out and checked and it was the automatic plant watering system.
The sun and the salt water down here tend to destroy plastic.

Yesterday was a big family gathering at DW's niece's house and we had a good time there. DW had found some cool wooden toys at a hobby store for the two boys, ages 3 and 6, that had to be put together (with parental help/supervision) and painted.

Today was a gym day for me, DW didn't go because of the vertigo issue she's been having (ENT Dr. appointment in a couple of days) then work on wire brushing the front porch railings down to bare metal and painting. Weather permitting, and the forecast looks promising, I'll be able to finish this project tomorrow.

Note to self: When using a wire brush wheel in a drill, do not place the other hand where the wheel will bounce to if it "catches" on a corner of the railing. "Ouch", some naughty words, and minor bleeding followed. That years-old Rustoleum paint is tough stuff, my skin, not so much.

Note to self: When using a wire brush wheel in a drill, do not place the other hand where the wheel will bounce to if it "catches" on a corner of the railing. "Ouch", some naughty words, and minor bleeding followed. That years-old Rustoleum paint is tough stuff, my skin, not so much.

It is a well known fact that a few choice expletives can stop bleeding from wire-brush abrasions. That's how I deal with the skipping brush problem.

Spring cleaning the entire house doing windows, curtains, etc. Just doing one room a day as I cannot be overworked:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom