What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At DW's family beach house on SSI GA "depersonalizing" it to get it ready to add to a vacation rental program after July 4th. Fortunately/unfortunately hurricane Irma did most of the "depersonalizing" for us already....:LOL:

Still catching up from being away last week visiting DD in NYC. DS is in town this week but as usual we don't see much of him - very glad he still has such good friends here even though he hasn't lived here since HS.

Several weeks ago we had the tile replaced in our kitchen and master bath, but the t-molding to transition to the wood floors didn't come in until last week. The tile guy says he'll be here tomorrow morning to finish the work - I hope he does as I'm playing host for our bunco group tomorrow night.

Got the 18,000-BTU/hr minisplit AC delivered this afternoon. Both the indoor and outdoor units are bigger than I expected. Darn! I guess size matters if you want to have high efficiency.

Will start the installation tomorrow. Not looking forward to working in the garage attic, where the refrigerant lines will be routed through. It's gonna be hot up there, and I will need to start early in the morning.

I'm busier than Keith Richard's pharmacist :LOL:

My project to turn 2 smaller bedrooms into a master with ensuite has expanded and become huge. I'm now gutting and redoing the main bathroom (currently the only one in the house) and adding a half bathroom in the basement...plus of course building the new ensuite.

Except for the rough in plumbing and mudding, I'm doing everything. Flooring in 3 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms, build two new closets, frame the new bathroom in the basement, drywall everywhere, paint, install toilets, vanities, and new bathroom fans (requires a trip to the attic), and some new plugs and lights and the required electrical.

At DW's family beach house on SSI GA "depersonalizing" it to get it ready to add to a vacation rental program after July 4th. Fortunately/unfortunately hurricane Irma did most of the "depersonalizing" for us already....:LOL:

We vacation most winters on SSI. Great place. Good rental market. Hope it works out for you ! :clap:

Did my last commute. On the train home. I'm on the books until 7 June but I'm on leave till then.

Thinning apples. Just 4 trees, but damn, that's a lot of apples. :facepalm:

Gym day, then out to lunch with DW, then grocery run, stop at ATM, and home.

An odd thing did happen at the restaurant. Their computer system went down so the waitress said they couldn't issue a check and we couldn't pay until it came back up. "No problem" says I "We're paying cash so just do it with pencil & paper & put it in the system later".

"Oh no" she says. "I can't do that without the computer being up". I was tempted to ask how she got out of fourth grade but held my tongue. So I totaled it all up from the menu, added a healthy tip, paid cash, and we left.

Yet another indication of the decline of western civilization....

"Oh no" she says. "I can't do that without the computer being up". I was tempted to ask how she got out of fourth grade but held my tongue. So I totaled it all up from the menu, added a healthy tip, paid cash, and we left.

Yet another indication of the decline of western civilization....

I see that now and then. But what really makes me crazy is when the bill comes to $19.35. I hand over a $20 along with a quarter and a dime, then watch as total confusion contorts the cashier's face. After a bit, they dutifully enter $20.35 as the amount paid, then get this wondering look when told to hand back $1.00 in change. Like "How did you know it would work out that way?"

20 mile bike ride at Kankakee River State Park. Recent rains had water flowing over the trail in many places. Then did some woodworking and cut the grass.

I left this room for the last time.

Attachments

• office.jpg
    office.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 53

Congratulations. In no time, you won't miss it. Well, maybe just a little, but it will all be good. Enjoy!

Wow! Good for you Gumby.

Did some volunteer work cutting small trees and brush from creek that runs through town.
Did some biking and worked in the garden and yard.

My son is fishing in the National Walleye Tour in Mariette WS and live streamed the weigh ins in the afternoon. One more day tomorrow to fish I hope he does well.

I remembered today was your last day. How exciting!

I see your office has a window that looks outside, so you were livin' large. (My current office has a window which looks into a hallway. :LOL:)

Oh boy! Now, what does Gumby do all day? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom