What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the local amphitheater last night to see country singer Brad Paisley. This is the first large music concert other than the New Orleans Jazz Festival that I have been to in more than 30 years although I've attended many concerts in smaller venues with lesser known acts. It was fun but the performers spent more time interacting with the audience than singing.

Since it looks like the worst of the Oak pollen season has passed, I scrubbed and hosed our porch at the mountain house. Everything was covered in pollen, the places along the edges that get wet in the rain had green algae, and the dry spots had bird and spider deposits. Now it’s all scrubbed clean and ready for some porch sitting.

In fact, that’s what I’m doing now. I told DH that I was headed to the shower but I got sidetracked and now my butt is stuck to this Adirondack chair.

I left this room for the last time.

Congrats!

63fe18c3-a059-4526-b953-401b70f0d572.jpg

Congratulations, Gumby! Hope you have something special planned to celebrate - and enjoy sleeping in on Monday!

I left this room for the last time.

Awesome! Congratulations on a well done career.

We went to the springs today, first time in tourist season. Went early to miss the majority of the crowd. Lol. Many were there. There were a bunch rafting down the river! It's great to see the outfitters, tourists, and locals enjoying the water. Last year that didn't happen.

After a couple hours we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and had a great meal. Add in a margarita for both of us and a nap. I don't nap ever but this felt good.

I took DS (or rather he drove me around) for his first driving lesson. He asked me if this was as wierd for me as it was for him and I told him I had just been reminiscing about strapping him into his car seat. We both laughed. He did great.

Last edited:
Did you get to keep your stapler?

Left it in the desk drawer for the next guy/gal. I've got plenty at home.

I took DS (or rather he drove me around) for his first driving lesson. He asked me if this was as wierd for me as it was for him and I told him I had just been reminiscing about strapping him into his car seat. We both laughed. He did great.

:LOL:

Built two wooden mallets as my rubber mallet I've bought 20 years ago was dying of slow death. The wood used was originally a cutting board, then made into a goban board, and finally mallets. The mallets will probably end up in land fill after I am dead in 25 years or so.

Went for a short walk.....couple years back (pictured) I did 100 repeats of these stairs.....today walked up once and had to sit for a minute or two to catch my breath......damn sepsis!

mw5m5c.jpg

Congratulations lawrencewendall and gumby!

Went to a concert "Happy Together" tour last night. It was fantastic. Felt like I was in a retirement concert hall. lol

Went for a short walk.....couple years back (pictured) I did 100 repeats of these stairs.....today walked up once and had to sit for a minute or two to catch my breath......damn sepsis!

mw5m5c.jpg

It is great that you could do any at alll !

It is great that you could do any at alll !

When the next batch of ops/procedures are finally over I'll do my damnedest to get back. :dance:

Went to a concert "Happy Together" tour last night. It was fantastic. Felt like I was in a retirement concert hall. lol
The Turtles! Good name for a tour.

Went looking at new SUVs. We go to the auto show every year as a tradition so it helps. This buy is for DH. I just want him happy.

mw5m5c.jpg

Sepsis is a scary thing. Is yours caused by a prostate biopsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom