What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transported the ebikes via the new bike rack for a trail adventure. Now grilling a steak. Then some fly fishing in the backyard.

Confirmed casting call for night shoot tomorrow night with the vintage VW. 3rd shoot with the car.

How vintage is the VW? Have a sweet little ‘55 oval window bug in the garage now. When I was 15 years old Dad towed it home and said when I fix it I can drive. Was the quickest overhaul ever!!!

DW got the impulse to mow grass yesterday but ran out of steam before quite finishing (no complaints from me!) so I finished up the small undone part this morning. It took all of about 30 minutes and that was loafing.

A new R/C airplane that I'd ordered last May finally arrived, the Turbo Timber Evolution. As the name implies it's a model that has many upgrades/improvements to an existing model and the first shipment was sold out before even arriving. I spent several hours on updating the radio receiver to the model's current version, installing and configuring the altimeter/variometer and setting up the airplane so it will perform as intended. Naturally the weather is kind of "iffy" the next few days so I'm not sure when I'll be able to fly it. Most likely by Tuesday at the latest. Stuff like this makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

Attachments

• TTE.jpg
    TTE.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 40
Actually, what we did all week--
had a wonderful beach trip to a new hotel, ocean front, 2 bedroom full kitchen unit. Great to get a way.
Came home and had a lovely family dinner with kids and grands, filet mignon on the treager with all the trimmings.
This Grandma is happy!

Got up before sunup and meet my son and a surveyor at the new land I'm in the processes of buying. Spent 8 hours looking for pins and setting pins. It was a lot of walking and hiking in rough terrain. Has to be done on foot can't get ATV's in any of it. We still aren't done but got a good start. It was very warm and no stopped to eat so I should sleep like a baby tonight. Lol

Got up before sunup and meet my son and a surveyor at the new land I'm in the processes of buying. Spent 8 hours looking for pins and setting pins. It was a lot of walking and hiking in rough terrain. Has to be done on foot can't get ATV's in any of it. We still aren't done but got a good start. It was very warm and no stopped to eat so I should sleep like a baby tonight. Lol
Stay hydrated out there!:)

Stay hydrated out there!:)

Yes, you are right!! I'm home and enjoying the AC. I kept up with those two young bucks thou. Carrying all that surveying equipment around in that high country will kill you or give you more character. Lol

Yes, you are right!! I'm home and enjoying the AC. I kept up with those two young bucks thou. Carrying all that surveying equipment around in that high country will kill you or give you more character. Lol
Well here's wishing you more character then. :LOL:

Finnski1, I will work on that. Lol

Boat deal number one fell through, turs out it was already spoken for. These boat deals are always complicated. So, went to see boat number 2 and my boat guy will get it ready for a water test. If the motor runs good, it's a done deal.

^ Nice!! You going to be doing some fishing or just recreationally use.

Today, the young wife and I drove 8 hours from far western Pennsylvania (Butler, to be precise), back to our home in Connecticut. We drove out there on Thursday to attend a nephew's wedding on Friday. It was a pleasant drive, but I'm stiff from sitting in one position so long.

^ Nice!! You going to be doing some fishing or just recreationally use.

Boat is set up for fishing. Twenty one foot walk around cuddy, 2 seats on a clear deck, live wells, 150 HP outboard.

Looking forward to the river test - :)

Robbie that will be a great boat!

If the motor runs good it will. As my boat dude advised "this will be the best boat you've ever fished on"

Hehe - because he sold me all the other boats - :)

Just for grins, I check the value of my car every once in a while (no interest in getting rid of it).

Back in April, Carvana offered me what I considered a great price.

Checking today, with the car four months older and with a couple thousand more miles on it, they are offering $2,000 more than in April.

If there were ever any doubt about how scarce good cars are right now, that should clear it up. :facepalm:

Should probably post this in the blow that dough thread.

About 7 weeks ago I noticed my dog's lower canine tooth had turned purple. Dr. Google says he needs a root canal. It turns out that doggie dentistry is a very specialized area and it took the full 7 weeks to get an examination.

Today we had the examination and, yup, he needs a root canal and a cleaning. Cost is a mere $3000, assuming he doesn't need any teeth pulled.. Oh well, we love that dog.

Should probably post this in the blow that dough thread.

About 7 weeks ago I noticed my dog's lower canine tooth had turned purple. Dr. Google says he needs a root canal. It turns out that doggie dentistry is a very specialized area and it took the full 7 weeks to get an examination.

Today we had the examination and, yup, he needs a root canal and a cleaning. Cost is a mere $3000, assuming he doesn't need any teeth pulled.. Oh well, we love that dog.
Doesn't surprise me that doggie dentistry is expensive just like humans.
Had my male collie neutered a few months ago and it was only $500. I guess teeth are more valuable than....;)

Seems odd that you wouldn’t just pull a dogs tooth. Wouldn’t be cheap, but probably a grand or two less than the root canal.

Went for a 3 hour trail ride on the ebike, finalized a few things for our Alaska trip, cleaned my truck, yearly eye exam, grilled a steak and some sausages, and settled down to watch the sox game and some you tube videos.

Seems odd that you wouldn’t just pull a dogs tooth. Wouldn’t be cheap, but probably a grand or two less than the root canal.
The lower canines are all that keeps the dog's tongue in its mouth, at least with a long snouted dog like our greyhound. Also the lower canine roots make up about 1/4 of the jaw structure in that area, so they are not pulled unless the owner won't pay for a root canal. Even surgical removal is a major deal due to the sturdy root attachment to the bone. Other, lesser teeth are no big deal.

Went flying R/C airplanes today and met my R/C student pilot there. Last week his airplane suffered a broken rudder servo that stripped the gear train and I brought some old servos that I'd hoped would fit so he could fly today too, but no dice, the output shaft was a different size. Oh well, the replacements he'd ordered were delivered while we were at the field so we'll get it fixed up in a few days.

I'm liking the Runcam 2 that I bought several months ago for taking videos from the airplanes as if the viewer were in the airplane. It just sticks on with Velcro and (so far) hasn't fallen off during flight. But I don't put it on anything that goes faster than about 70 mph or so.

Did some tree and brush clearing of one of the corners that we set a pin last Saturday. Hauled in another 700 pounds of iron that I sold.

On the way home I noticed my temperature gauge and AC wasn't working. Did some research and said the thermostat is bad.

I called my under the shade tree machinic but no answer. So, I decide to tackle the job myself. I got it, but fought it every step of the way. Me and machinic work are like fire and gasoline. It just isn't a good fit for me. Lol Got it and things are working good so far no leaks.

Seems I never have to worry about what I need to do each day. Always something! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom