What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, Robbie. I hope you spend many happy days with her.

I don't know much about boats, but it looks nice. Space to sit in the sun or shade, or go inside if it is too cold. :)

Cuz I remember taking a Monterey Bay tour a few years ago. Pretty sure it was summer, but about froze my butt off out there. Enjoy!

Here she is!

51873256785_14f9029b6b_o.jpg

Looking forward to a new adventure - :)

That is a beauty Captain!
Looks well kept up.

Now to name that ship?? I would name it "The Dollar".

Last edited:
Mostly going to hang out here in the Delta, but ocean is no problem with this boat. Not a "small craft" as far as the Coast Guard goes and LA or Alaska are possible.

Whale watching around the Farallon islands, easy. Monterey, easy. Mexico, easy.

Boat has a 1200 mile range and HVAC.

What does the HVAC run on fuel or electric?

Is your The Chief Mate ready for a journey??

Last edited:
Nice boat, Robbie!

Do you have an RO desalination system on board?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Fabulous day on the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk here in South Florida. My recently retired DW is with me this time. Our day ended at one of my favorite restaurants overlooking the bay.

I didn't change the name of the boat. It's a documented vessel with the US Coast Guard. Name is "Dream Catcher"

Perfect - :)

Last edited:
I didn't change the name of the boat. It's a documented vessel with the US Coast Guard. Name is "Dream Catcher"

Perfect - :)
Congrats! Looks gorgeous.

Now that I know the name of the boat, I'll try and stow away if I see her hanging around a SoCal port :)

Good luck and blue skies!

Robbie, what a beauty, Now I know nothing about boats since the biggest one I have ever been on was a 16 ft. ski boat in the 80's, but I have a question. Do you have to do all the driving/piloting from the top or can you drive it from inside? Don't laugh if this is a dumb question ok, like I said it is beautiful.

Beautiful boat, Robbie!!

Another load of winter clothes / blankets hung to dry then out to 1st luncheon today, 1st one since December.

Great looking boat, RobbieB and "Dream Catcher" fits!
Enjoy

Robbie, what a beauty, Now I know nothing about boats since the biggest one I have ever been on was a 16 ft. ski boat in the 80's, but I have a question. Do you have to do all the driving/piloting from the top or can you drive it from inside? Don't laugh if this is a dumb question ok, like I said it is beautiful.

Thanks. There are dual controls salon and fly bridge and an auto pilot. HVAC is electric and there is an 8.5 KW diesel generator on board. The fridge will run on electric or propane, the stove is electric.

^ thanks. Interesting on how the name will follow the vessel.

Be nice to hear about and see some of the journeys you take.

Did some strength training this morning, and then washed some rugs and mats from around the house. Eating some lunch now and then heading out for a few errands. After that I'm spending the afternoon curled up in my recliner reading. I love retirement.

My wife has been looking for a replacement for a second fridge/freezer she keeps her garden produce in. Lowes had some scratch/dent units for 50%, but they were still $800. She saw a free one on Craigslist, but missed it, looked at a couple others, then found a Whirlpool 2018 fridge, she had her two thermometers and checked the temp in freezer and fridge, checked to see if anyone had added a schrader value to add freon, nope. So probably no leaks. She then negotiated it down to $90. Nice clean unit, not dust build up on the coils. This morning I switched the handles and hinges to the other side and plugged it in.
She got a deal, she usually does!

Not a "requirement" for me, but every few months I try for a goal of doing at least one physical activity every day. February is one of those months (heck, it does have a few less days). I completed 2 hurdles in this month's mission: yesterday did a 1/2 mile swim after just a morning of clear liquids. This morning I had my 5-year colonoscopy, and at 2:30 PM did a full weight resistance session. I'm no hero, by 10 AM I had no after-effects from the anesthesia.

Be nice to hear about and see some of the journeys you take.

On a documented vessel, you can change or keep the name. It must have a name and a port of call displayed on the stern. If you change the name you have to get the old one painted over and a new one painted on.

If it was a name you didn't like, sure, why go around with your boat named something that upsets you?

Went to the bank and wired 93 grand to the broker. The deal is done!

On a documented vessel, you can change or keep the name. It must have a name and a port of call displayed on the stern. If you change the name you have to get the old one painted over and a new one painted on.

If it was a name you didn't like, sure, why go around with your boat named something that upsets you?

Not to mention that there is an old superstition AGAINST renaming a boat. (I am confident Robbie already knows this.) If you do change the name, you "must" go through an elaborate renaming ceremony to appease the gods.

https://www.boatnames.com.au/boat-naming-ceremony/
The Boat Renaming Superstition, and how to get around it.

According to legend, every vessel is recorded by name in the ‘Ledger of the Deep’. It’s known personally to Poseidon (Neptune) the god of the sea. To change the name of a vessel without consulting Poseidon is to invoke his wrath. So in order to change a boat’s name, a traditional ceremony is used to appease the gods of the seas.

Firstly, when renaming a boat, we must purge the old name from the Ledger of the Deep and from Poseidon’s memory. This will involve wiping out every trace of the old boat name and reciting a short ceremony to remove the boat’s name from Poseidon’s records. See our guide to removing old boat lettering and graphics.

The renaming ceremony can then begin and should take place as soon after the purging ceremony as possible. Finally, the gods of the winds must be appeased with another short ceremony which will assure you fair winds and smooth seas – wherever you sail.

Many non-superstitious people do follow the ceremony, if only because it typically involves a bunch of drinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom