What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple solution: place a towel or mat under the humidifier, stop further damage and hide current spots! That is what I do.
Of course, since the damage is already done, carpet replacement may be next, if your DW can't "unsee" it. :)

A few spots here and there give the place the "lived in" look, commonly known as "character". :D (hey, I'm getting little brown spots on me!:blush:)

Yesterday I went birdwatching in the best February weather conditions NJ can offer along the coast, and ticked a state bird, a thick-billed murre (a northern waterbird distantly related to puffins). The bird was pretty cooperative, the ocean was glorious, the lighthouse was scenic, and saw many birding acquaintances from around the state. Sometimes I like solitude while birding, but today I was glad for the comaraderie (everybody got the bird, otherwise the mood would have been, shall we say, a bit darker, lol!)

Yesterday raced mountain bike, wrapping up a three race series. Was a five lap race, with each lap taking about 10 minutes. Led the first lap but faded back a few spots to third at the finish.

Podium swag for third was a nice bottle of wine. Gonna crack that open later today watching the Super Bowl.

I am signing in from a town on the coast of CA. On Friday, I drove 470 miles to go visit a long-time friend since high school, and rediscovered the pain of driving congested freeways.

Today, will do some sightseeing in this part, and also to look for ingredients to make Cioppino. My friend has not had this dish.

Last night had dinner at DD house and spent time with little DGS, age 2. Love that guy!
Today made two freezer meals for niece whose fiancé is home recovering from bowel cancer surgery. So far, he is doing well, completed chemo and radiation prior.

DW and I spent last 2 days cleaning out gutters. And today we are really sore. I had a guy my DSnL knew to clean them last year but decided I could do it my self one more time. I used my DW smaller and lighter leaf blower and it worked surprisingly well. It was high 50's to mid 60's last two days but back down overnight to 29 this am,so just sitting here reading and waiting for the SEC led super bowl to start. Y'all have a great day!

We had friends over to watch the Super Bowl yesterday and had some cleanup to do this morning. Went online with my auto insurer to change my employment status to 'retired' which resulted in a premium savings of just under $300/yr. After lunch I'll head out for groceries, the maybe relax with a book.

Booked a trip to New Hampshire to visit my grandsons and their parents in a few weeks. The youngest will be almost 2, and I have yet to meet him. Looking forward to the visit, but not the air travel.

I set up my seed starting rack/lights and started my first seeds for the new gardening season - celery, cabbage and poblanos. I'll start a few more seeds in two weeks - broccoli, kale and parsley Only a month until I sow the peas outside!

Up early this morning for no reason. Sipping my coffee and surfing the web. Will head out for a run later this morning, and some house cleaning after lunch. Just a nice mellow day in early retirement.

Reread "Nate the Snake", a humorous tale.

https://natethesnake.com/

"I've been doing this a long time, Jack," said Nate, confidently. "You humans have a hard time sitting still and letting a snake bite you - especially one my size. And besides, admit it - it's only been a couple of minutes and it already doesn't hurt any more, does it? That's because of the health benefit with this one. I told you that you'd heal quickly now."

"Yeah, well, still," said Jack, "it's the principle of the thing. And nobody likes being bitten in the butt! Couldn't you have gotten my calf or something instead?"

Driveway Maintenance After Snow/Ice Melt

I used my Kubota tractor with front end loader today. I pulled gravel from the sides of the driveway to the center and smoothed it all out.

Attachments

• 20220215_230956.jpg
    20220215_230956.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Finally got around to fixing last 2 teeth on the list (1st 3 were done March 2020). Just waiting for everything to settle in now

Have blown through 10k in the last 30 days. Ouch

I used my Kubota tractor with front end loader today. I pulled gravel from the sides of the driveway to the center and smoothed it all out.
Jealous. I sold my B7100 when I moved across country. I miss it and realize now that I sold it way too cheap. :facepalm:

Helped a rancher ship out his calves for the sales ring to be sold tomorrow. I than went to the ranch and did some work and eat lunch. Was a cold day but full sun which helps.

I wasn't too far from a place where two moose have wintered so went and spent the afternoon looking for an antler in some nasty thick area. No luck and just got home a little bit ago.

Got home at 9PM last night from a road trip in 2 years.

Recuperating now from the stress of driving through the LA metro area.

Measured my BP this morning. It was back down to 13*/8*, instead of 14*/9*.

Got home at 9PM last night from a road trip in 2 years.

Recuperating now from the stress of driving through the LA metro area.

Measured my BP this morning. It was back down to 13*/8*, instead of 14*/9*.

I left that LA area craziness in 1992. BP has been normal since! Welcome back!:)

^^ that would be crazy traffic for me! Lol I'm sure I couldn't drive there I would most likely die right in the drivers sear from anxiety. Lol

I did a round trip today about 60 miles worth and seen two cars. Lol Don't have to be in a hurry here in the back country.

^^ that would be crazy traffic for me! Lol I'm sure I couldn't drive there I would most likely die right in the drivers sear from anxiety. Lol

I did a round trip today about 60 miles worth and seen two cars. Lol Don't have to be in a hurry here in the back country.

One thing for sure in LA traffic: You won't get a ticket for speeding. :LOL:

I went thru LA going north a few years ago to visit family in the Bay area. The traffic is much worse than when I lived there 30 years ago.

Up early today and a good workout at the gym. Then got a couple of hardworking tree guys started on removing the three very dead large redwood trees on the back side of the orchard. (Thx California drought). While they were working ran over to finish up 2021 taxes with my tax guy. Wrapped up the day with an hour long hilly workout on my mountain bike.

Oh and also counseled my youngest kid on tax prep today. She’s a brand new registered nurse and no longer our dependent. She started working in July and is filing her taxes for the very first time. We call that “adulting”

I left that LA area craziness in 1992. BP has been normal since! Welcome back!:)

To be fair, Phoenix metropolitan freeway traffic during rush hour is just as bad as LA. Of course, I do not venture out during rush hour here.

A difference is that the PHX metro area is only about 80 miles across. LA area is more like 150 miles.

And I have read that a lot of workers now quit if the Covid pandemic ends and they have to come back to work in the office.

Heck, that's about the same as some roads in Alaska I have been on.

Last edited:
Woke up at midnight to our little dog going whacky. Thought she wanted out, no she brought a toy into the bedroom and suddenly saw it wanted to play!
Our 10yo washer was acting funny and there's not much for repair around here so we ordered a new one. The suggested middle of April for delivery but it could be set back. Watching it snow and I'm making haddock and Brussels sprouts for dinner.

You are more likely to die in LA traffic from banging your head on the wheel because you are stuck. Or maybe you will just stroke out in frustration. :LOL:

LOL. I kid. Other cities are as bad or worse. See Asia. You just have to chill and deal with it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom