What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a two mile walk in the morning, then spent about 3 hours out at my garden plot weeding and watering. This afternoon, I helped the young wife start fermented pickles and then put a beef brisket in the brine that will turn it into corned beef in about two weeks.

I picked vegetables in a friend's garden yesterday and spent the night at the river camp to stay out of the cleaning lady's way. We skied this morning and came back to a clean house. My fig tree was full of ripe figs, so I called my friend back and told him to come pick his fill as we're leaving for Huntsville tomorrow and will be gone for a few days. If he doesn't get them the birds will. I love trading produce!

Had a young rancher come cut hay today at the ranch. I worked on the corral and cut grass round the place. We broke down so don't know when it will get finished.

Attachments

• IMG_9855.jpg
    IMG_9855.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9854.jpg
    IMG_9854.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 47
Went to the boat to make sure everything was OK.

52211607482_e4722dc8af_o.jpg

It was and I even got the fridge working. Powered off 12 volts and the switch wasn't marked. The AC switch marked must be for the fridge on the fly bridge. Batteries charging nicely and all is well. Here's the view off the stern;

52211607472_d7d15cff6b_b.jpg

That's Mt Diablo far to the west. The landmark of the Delta. When we started, Diablo was to the east - :)

Got the second of two Ikea desks put together. One is for my computer, and one is for my craft table. Tomorrow I can finish sorting out the den, and maybe actually start crafting.

Finished a picture frame for a map. But the gel stain didn't adhere properly and the varnish finish coat took off the stain. So I hand sanded the whole frame down, and restained with a penetrating stain.

Sanding roughed up my fingers enough that my computer and iPad no longer recognize my index fingerprint for logins.

Finished a picture frame for a map. But the gel stain didn't adhere properly and the varnish finish coat took off the stain. So I hand sanded the whole frame down, and restained with a penetrating stain.

Sanding roughed up my fingers enough that my computer and iPad no longer recognize my index fingerprint for logins.

Way to stick with it! Time to moisturize :cool: but make sure you rob the bank before hand so they have trouble identifying you :rolleyes:

I went to a camp family breakfast with the kiddos this morning. Watching the movie "the gambler" while working "remote" in honor of James Caan. I downloaded a few of his classics, El Dorado, Thief, The Gambler, Misery, A Bridge Too Far, Dick Tracy...and of course "The Godfather".

Listed a few items on Marketplace to sell. Hoping to sell my 2 12gb external HDD and upgrade to the 18gb drives to increase my space by 50%. I realize 36gb is a lot of space, but I have a large movie, music and photo collection.

Did some grocery shopping yesterday and today. One thing I’ve noticed here in the Chicago area is Whole Foods Market is much less of a supplier of fresh, healthy, organic food. I went early and saw their breakfast bar - biscuits and sausage gravy, potatoes, breakfast burritos. It’s more like a highway hotel breakfast buffet.

Went to the Winchester, VA R/C flying site and met up with half a dozen other club members to paint the storage shed that keeps the grounds keeping equipment sheltered and the upright posts for the gazebo over the picnic tables. This is in preparation for the "Open House" on Saturday. I was glad that I'd slathered on the sunscreen heavily, it was a bright sunny day and I'd have been sorry if I hadn't.

Shameless plug:
If anyone local wants to stop by, there will be free burgers & hot dogs and such, and I at least will have a "buddy box" setup if someone wants to try their hand at flying an R/C airplane. It's at 306 Sulphur Springs Rd., Winchester, VA. 9:00 AM to whenever everyone leaves.

Went to see the house my DS and DDIL are making an offer on. Prices still insane but its where they want to live and they can afford it. Nice place for them for the next couple of years and located in the neighborhood they are already renting in.

Came home to rest (still recovering from yesterday's booster shot) and cut up cucumbers from the garden to make pickles.

Went to my first physical therapy session for my ankle. I messed it up over 6 weeks ago running in sandals to get short term renter to not burn the national forest down. Different from most PT I've done before, no exercises, just fun things like acupuncture. I'd had that done before but in my back where I didn't get to watch the needles.

Going to hang around home today do a bike ride and work on some yard projects. Early this morning went and picked dill leaves, celery, beet tops and small beets and sweet pepper for a salad lunch. Nothing better than go outside pick fresh and eat the great taste of fresh.

I need to go pick wild berries, but mosquitos are pretty bad with all the rain and water we have had so far. I will go in the next few days and bundle up and use a ThermaCell.

DH just had toenails removed yesterday, so hanging around the house. He has no pain, unless bumped.
Will take care of DGS later this afternoon--Grandpa will have on his steel toe boots!

Our two dogs have been going crazy all morning. They're convinced something is outside, I've looked multiple times to no avail. We went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant and picked up some prescriptions, after that the dogs were still saying something was outside. Last time I checked outside I saw this. 20220714_123052.jpg
Our 12 pound Shih Tzu ran it off.

Last edited:
Some garage[-] cleanout[/-] clutter reduction of parts for cars have not owned in many years... A painful and slow process.

Our two dogs have been going crazy all morning. They're convinced something is outside, I've looked multiple times to no avail. We went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant and picked up some prescriptions, after that the dogs were still saying something was outside. Last time I checked outside I saw this. View attachment 42939
Our 12 pound Shih Tzu ran it off.

Great picture!

Yesterday and today we did orientation at UAH for oldest son. He had a great time and is so excited to start college. We got out at noon today so after lunch and a nap, we enjoyed a pleasant hike in Monte Sano state park. We are currently mulling our choices for dinner. There are so many interesting restaurants here!

Yesterday and today we did orientation at UAH for oldest son. He had a great time and is so excited to start college. We got out at noon today so after lunch and a nap, we enjoyed a pleasant hike in Monte Sano state park. We are currently mulling our choices for dinner. There are so many interesting restaurants here!

Congratulations. For us the first off to college was a tearful event. By the third, it was a celebration and giant sigh of relief.

I have a good friend who lectures at UAH.

We got our 2nd Covid booster shot today. We also got the detailed itinerary for our October trip to Egypt and Jordan, and are happily going through it in anticipation.

Went to the "open house" event at the club R/C flying site but the weather did not cooperate and we were partially rained out with intermittent showers for most of the day. About a dozen hard-core people showed up and we had lots of food since we'd planned on the promised 22 people that said they were coming. Oh well, the ones who showed up had a good time.

Picked wild berries and are in freezer ready for winter and later use. Will continue to go every other day or so. Things are a little slower this year to ripen and not near as good of crop. Had snow to many times when things were in blossom or just about to blossom.

Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable harvesting wild berry and being part of nature and all its beautiful landscape, sounds, smells and solitude. I would believe there are many in the world that have not experienced such a contentment of beauty in so many ways. It is worth more than money or gold.

Worked on the bracketing for the sonar transducer so I can know the depth. Very important for river travel and marinas.

Worked on the bracketing for the sonar transducer so I can know the depth. Very important for river travel and marinas.

Absolutely important and a must in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom