What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

LOL!! How exciting is that!! We are experiencing the same pleasure and gift of a baby granddaughter in the next ~3 weeks or sooner. I feel your happiness and looking forward to the new life in your life.

Congratulations!

One of my close friends just took delivery on a new 2023 Chevy Bolt. Top of the line, all imaginable options (Bose system sunroof, all power seats, you name it) and final price of right at $40 K. He qualifies for the $7,500 credit too! :cool:

Side by side, it's about the same size as my 2021 Hyundai Tuscon.

I took the Bolt for a spin. Nice car, reminds me of the golf carts I use in the summer.

One of my close friends just took delivery on a new 2023 Chevy Bolt. Top of the line, all imaginable options (Bose system sunroof, all power seats, you name it) and final price of right at $40 K. He qualifies for the $7,500 credit too! :cool:

Side by side, it's about the same size as my 2021 Hyundai Tuscon.

I took the Bolt for a spin. Nice car, reminds me of the golf carts I use in the summer.

That Hyundai you have is it a Hybrid?

I had fitted up the 12" channel steel bumper the other day, and today I set up a drill press and table to drill it up.
PXL_20230111_000603390.jpg

It's about 160 pounds so i got some help with that.

We're currently in Mazatlán for a few weeks. Yesterday we met a friend who has been living here for the last 4 years. We hit a few local bars checking out some bands, and I picked his brain to get some local knowledge for shopping (our rental has a full kitchen) and non-touristy things to do.

We're currently in Mazatlán for a few weeks. Yesterday we met a friend who has been living here for the last 4 years. We hit a few local bars checking out some bands, and I picked his brain to get some local knowledge for shopping (our rental has a full kitchen) and non-touristy things to do.

Nice! We have a similar setup for February and March. The winter up north is starting to drag on a bit. Enjoy!

Raining all day so took inventory and measured the drywall holes I want to patch (13) and their sizes. Looked at info and videos to refresh my memory on patching them. Then looked at stuff on building steps outside the back door. Front porch deck too. Learned you can buy pre made stringers, also learned what stringers are. Not gonna go out and measure things atm though.

Stayed home for the last few days. I have been working on repair projects and doing odd and ends.

DIL is having some issues with pregnancy and DS called early morning to see if we could come get GD if they needed us too. Everything went fine at hospital so didn't need to go. Going to be a day-by-day thing for the next few weeks or so. Hoping she can make it two more weeks, due in 4 weeks.

Rained here all afternoon snow is melting fast now and water standing all over the place.

Yeah, the rain! Manna from heaven! That is until the levee breaks - :)

Got some groceries and some take out, used my new telescope ladder (8.5 feet full extension) on my new steel hooks in the attic access and climbed all the way (first time) into the attic. Screwed down 3 more boards and plotted out the next steps.

Street, hoping it continues to go well for your DIL. I’m sure her doctors are doing two things at once: trying to keep that baby “cooking” for as long as possible while also prepping the baby to be as ready as possible if she comes early.

Mountain bike race today. Finished 4th. Off my game a bit today. Was trying to keep up with my buddy but didn’t have the horsepower. Some days are like that.

Went into town to buy a few things and found the power was out and everything was closed. One of 3 traffic signals was working, but nothing else. I waited around and just as I was going to give up and go home, saw some lights on and was able to do most of my shopping. Just not Vons grocery, an employee was telling people the power was on but the network was down.

Started decluttering again. Old paper records today, like tax returns gong back to 1974 and boxes of paper receipts from the mid 2000's. Really testing the shredder motor!

Last edited:
Street, hoping it continues to go well for your DIL. I’m sure her doctors are doing two things at once: trying to keep that baby “cooking” for as long as possible while also prepping the baby to be as ready as possible if she comes early.

Yes, that is exactly what they are trying to achieve. Kind of intense and stressful time but I'm sure all goes well.

Thank You very much.

Woke up to 8" of fresh snow. As I was clearing the first pass, the auger quit. It was the drive belt, not a shear pin. I thought I found one until I went to pick it up, no luck. By the time I got home, the plow was by making a big pile to drive through.

I found one and overnighted it, won't be here Tuesday. DW is scheduled for a colonosopy tomorrow at noon, so I'm sure we will be getting out by then. She just took the first glass of "joy juice," so there's no turning back. There's supposed to be another inch or a foot with high winds overnight. It should be fun.

Took the new Brightline train to Miami to visit a friend. I don’t care to drive down, I-95 is just too aggressive and dangerous for me. It’s a new train service / local station but I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Brightline plus Uber open all sorts of new possibilities for visiting Miami.

I dug a ground works for one of those little automated two bay car washes. We had set 8 sleeves there in advance so it was easy.

Woke up to this. Unfortunately, our snowblower has a bad auger belt. Hopefully, they will bring it today. 20230117_085707.jpg

Picked up my new toy. I won’t get out on it much until mid March, but it will be waiting for me. FullSizeRender.jpg

Last evening, I noticed a little moisture around the toilet base. So, this morning went and got a wax ring and some new t-bolts.

I never have done much plumbing in my time, but the task was very simple and straight forward. In all the years of owning a home I have not once had anything issues with seal leaking. I hope it is fixed and have no further problems.

Around 12$ and I would guess if I had to have a plumber it would have been 3 to 4 hundred bucks.

Last evening, I noticed a little moisture around the toilet base. So, this morning went and got a wax ring and some new t-bolts.

I never have done much plumbing in my time, but the task was very simple and straight forward. In all the years of owning a home I have not once had anything issues with seal leaking. I hope it is fixed and have no further problems.

Around 12$ and I would guess if I had to have a plumber it would have been 3 to 4 hundred bucks.

I have done that a few times except for once. You probably did save a few hundred dollars but now that you have the experience if there is a next time it will be even easier.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom