What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

Update from yesterday - it’s a girl! Unfortunately we won’t get to meet her until March (we are spending February in FL) but we can have double snuggles then.

Yesterday went to memorial service for a friend. Passed at 69 years old. Then went to a friend's house for his annual football party. 10-15 guys including a former NFL player about my age. The hits have taken a toll on him. Gave me more of a sense that we have to live life to its fullest now because you never know when you won't be able to.

Last edited:
I picked up a rental mini excavator to do a job inside a museum with polished concrete floors. I had ripped some 1' strips of OSB to walk on.
I got that dug out and the machine returned by 2.
Now I'm watching the Rockford Files while my sister sleeps.
We have set up a schedule and are taking shifts to stay with her around the clock now, us siblings and nieces and nephews.

Replaced the sticky lock set on the front door of the house and had the garage lock re-keyed to match the front. No more 2 keys!

Mounted the second attic access block panel and the "winter project" is drawing to a close.

Well, today @ 7:13 AM our granddaughter came into this world. We went over last night to be with step granddaughter and to get her to school this morning and to help for the day.
What a special day for us and a bless for a healthy baby and mother.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Grandparents on the new babies! So glad they are healthy and Mommas/babies doing well.

Heading out for an appointment, thenDH and I will take a walk on this beautiful cold, sunny morning!

Well, today @ 7:13 AM our granddaughter came into this world. We went over last night to be with step granddaughter and to get her to school this morning and to help for the day.
What a special day for us and a bless for a healthy baby and mother.

Wow!!! That is fantastic Street!!! Congratulations!!

Today was breakfast with a friend and while eating my scrambled eggs, I felt something hard in my mouth. Tooth #8, a crown glued to an implanted abutment last year), is what it was. How nice.....

Quick call to my dentist and they got me right in. Clean up, re-glue and $196.00 later I am good to go. Good thing I didn't swallow that expensive tooth.:)

Overall expensive breakfast today. :blush:

Thanks to ALL!!!
Just got to meet here in person about an hour ago. All is good with mom and baby what a wonderful day. They ask if we could stay one more night to take care of other GD nd to get her to school tomorrow morning once again.

They ask if we could stay one more night to take care of other GD nd to get her to school tomorrow morning once again.

And it took about two grams of arm-twisting pressure to get you to agree, right?:)

Congratulations!

Congrats to PhillieFan and Street on the new grand babies!

And it took about two grams of arm-twisting pressure to get you to agree, right?:)

Congratulations!
my cousin and I would mime the arm twist from a distance, the other wincing and acquiescing immediately.
:D

Currently we are in line with everyone else on I-75S trying to get to Naples. Traffic may be annoying, but the sun is shining and it’s warm (dare I say hot?) out so no worries.

Sorry/not sorry to all of you full-timers in SWFL, for being part of this inundation.

Joseph, one of my two new kittens, has an upper respiratory infection, so I took him to the vet this morning. He was remarkably tractable both there and later when I had to give him antibiotics at home.

Went to visit 90 yo aunt in assisted living. Very nice place. Aunt is sharp as a tack, but needs a walker to get around. As opposed to 93 yo MIL who still lives at home and can walk all day, but may not remember where she is walking to or from.

Seeing their struggles, I can foresee hiking being difficult for me in my 90's (if I live that long). Getting old isn't for sissies.

Replaced the "spring loaded" shower curtain rod that released and attacked the wife this morning. The new one is screwed to the wall and shouldn't be releasing anytime soon.

Been busy last three days but I wanted to go spend a little while at the ranch this morning. When I'm not there I want to be there.

I just hiked in today was a beautiful morning. I remembered to pick up my cards and got a few pictures to share with you.

I see moose sign often but not there all the time to see them in person, but I did get a few on camera again. The one moose picture is of a bull but has shed its horns already.

Home eating lunch will take a walk this afternoon and stay busy at home for the rest of the day.

Attachments

• DSCF0053 (2).jpg
    DSCF0053 (2).jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 45
  • WGI_0034 (2).jpg
    WGI_0034 (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • WGI_0037 (2).jpg
    WGI_0037 (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • WGI_0038.jpg
    WGI_0038.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Been busy last three days but I wanted to go spend a little while at the ranch this morning. When I'm not there I want to be there.

I just hiked in today was a beautiful morning. I remembered to pick up my cards and got a few pictures to share with you.

I see moose sign often but not there all the time to see them in person, but I did get a few on camera again. The one moose picture is of a bull but has shed its horns already.

Home eating lunch will take a walk this afternoon and stay busy at home for the rest of the day.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting!! I hope to someday get that close to a moose.

Back
Top Bottom