What gives you stress after ER?

Retired 4 years. Like most here, stress went from high when still w*rking to none after FIRE. ... with the exception of my DW ... she seems to be able to get my goat when she goes off on a rant ... usually on something that is of little or no consequence or importance. ... a DW's perogative I guess

What gives me stress in retirement? Well, NOTHING for the first 9 months, then it was having the RUG pulled out beneath me that is giving me PTSD. I retired early with the full faith and support of my spouse, who would stay employed and cover my insurance needs. I have spent the last 3 months in "discovery" mode and have learned that he's a drug-abusing philanderer.

SO. Ix-nay on the health insurance safety net. Ix-nay on sharing a home (and costs) with a partner. I've had to re-invent my retirement vision.

The good news is I just paid cash for a ROCKIN little house (dirt cheap and mint move-in condition) that comes filled with ANTIQUES! haha. The old owner went into a nurisng home in Texas and didn't want any of the stuff. I imagine I will have to start an antiques business!

The bad news is...I didn't even tell my spouse about it. Not gonna be a pleasant conversation...I know....get an attorney...I am working on that!

Anyone interested in a gas range exactly like this one?

Wedgewood antique stove 1954 vintage range cook oven | eBay

:D

What gives me stress in retirement? ...my spouse...he's a drug-abusing philanderer.

The good news is I just paid cash for a ROCKIN little house...The bad news is...I didn't even tell my spouse about it.

...I know....get an attorney...I am working on that!
Work faster.

Anyone interested in a gas range exactly like this one?

Will his head fit in the oven? :)

What gives me stress in retirement? Well, NOTHING for the first 9 months, then it was having the RUG pulled out beneath me that is giving me PTSD. I retired early with the full faith and support of my spouse, who would stay employed and cover my insurance needs. I have spent the last 3 months in "discovery" mode and have learned that he's a drug-abusing philanderer.

:D

Sorry that your retirement has been stressed by a gruesome discovery !

To Kcowan: all this craziness is just in the last year. Based on the first 12 years of general happiness, trust, and and serenity, I did not realize I needed to be on the lookout. He was slick, really slick. Until he wasn't, haha.

Thanks everyone for the humor, it helps!

Back
Top Bottom