What We're Making

Just finished up running 2 circuits in conduit from the breaker box through the garage. One circuit terminated in furnace room for dedicated line for extra freezer. The second circuit continued outside where one split took care of the new deck and future patio extension and a line out to the greenhouse/south 40. I'm going to dabble in a little solar for the greenhouse, although I now have 120V there, its 80' from house. I just plan to run a few 12V fans to prevent stratification, a 12V auto heater, and a 12V pump to run the new drip irrigation system that I hope to install this summer. Always something.:)

Came back from our trip with 5 knife handle blanks. Split one of the handle blanks, sandwiched in a blade blank from Indy Hammered Knives, and sanded and oiled down the handle to make a finished knife. Forgot the type of wood.

6oBsWQQ.jpg

Nice work as usual. Burl looks good in any wood.

Built a small vanity for the remodel of our tiny (4' x 5') bathroom. I used leftover solid cherry from my bedroom furniture project 20 years ago, plus some 1/2" cherry plywood. This is a really tight spot for a vanity, so I needed a small unit. None of the standard sizes fit the space, so I decided to do it myself. The door is a sample that I got last summer when I was buying kitchen cabinets for our summer cabin. The previous (for 63 years!) sink here hung off the wall.

I'd love to see the layout of the 4x5 bathroom. We've been toying with adding one, but would need to be small too. Score for the scrap pile...

Came back from our trip with 5 knife handle blanks. Split one of the handle blanks, sandwiched in a blade blank from Indy Hammered Knives, and sanded and oiled down the handle to make a finished knife. Forgot the type of wood.

6oBsWQQ.jpg

Very nice! I've never seen a wood that finishes out like that.

Nice work as usual. Burl looks good in any wood.

Very nice! I've never seen a wood that finishes out like that.

Thanks - The knife show vendors had hundreds of different kinds of knife blanks for sale. DW picked through most of them searching for the right one.

So far I have 1 coat of Osmo top oil on this one. I'll give it 2 more coats. The oil really makes the figure pop.

Built a small vanity for the remodel of our tiny (4' x 5') bathroom. I used leftover solid cherry from my bedroom furniture project 20 years ago, plus some 1/2" cherry plywood. This is a really tight spot for a vanity, so I needed a small unit. None of the standard sizes fit the space, so I decided to do it myself. The door is a sample that I got last summer when I was buying kitchen cabinets for our summer cabin. The previous (for 63 years!) sink here hung off the wall.

Stunning!! really good match of the wood to the door considering bought years apart

Stunning!! really good match of the wood to the door considering bought years apart

Yes that's nice work in a tight space. Awesome use of a door sample I gotta say. I used cherry in my first bathroom remodel and am partial to it.

Whipped up some knife display stands. DW won't let the cedar log ones in the house, so I had to create something a little better looking.

7tmapzI.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 3.01.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 3.01.21 PM.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 37
Saw some great western wildlife art at an art fair in Scottsdale, Az. Rather than purchase a piece from the artist, I tried to create my own first. Had one of my bison photos printed on matte paper, bought some barnwood, vintage hinges, and some rope.
N9k8Tcj.jpg

Saw some great western wildlife art at an art fair in Scottsdale, Az. Rather than purchase a piece from the artist, I tried to create my own first. Had one of my bison photos printed on matte paper, bought some barnwood, vintage hinges, and some rope.
N9k8Tcj.jpg

Beautiful knives and the Bison frame. I got that same picture and have it on matte paper also. I have it hung in my den, and I treasure that picture!!!

Thanks, Ronstar!!!

Beautiful knives and the Bison frame. I got that same picture and have it on matte paper also. I have it hung in my den, and I treasure that picture!!!

Thanks, Ronstar!!!

You’re welcome! I’m going after a moose this summer. I’ll post a photo if I get one

You’re welcome! I’m going after a moose this summer. I’ll post a photo if I get one

I hope you get pictures. Usually, they just slumber along and can get some good pictures.

N9k8Tcj.jpg

Sometimes the little details make it extra nice. Hinges & rope definitely do that for me.

Sometimes the little details make it extra nice. Hinges & rope definitely do that for me.

Yep the details make it. I need to go back for more barn wood, find a different kind of hinges or something else, and make a few more. I have a grizzly and going to add a moose at some point.

Finished the screen track system. Really trimmed up nicely. Hanging the door and trim today. They said my screen work looked better than the "screen guy's"...

The door was custom made with 8/4 poplar by their guy. Curious to see how long it lasts in the humid TX summers.

Attachments

• IMG_20230403_165034521_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230403_165034521_HDR.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230403_165025212_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230403_165025212_HDR.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
^Very nice! I’ve been keeping an eye out for photos of the completed project.

^Very nice! I’ve been keeping an eye out for photos of the completed project.

Here's the final. I wonder if I would have gotten a $200 tip if they knew me from this site. ;). This was for the challenge & I wanted to try my hand at the screen product... And the sun burn from yesterday's beautiful sunny day.

Attachments

• IMG_20230404_121055544_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230404_121055544_HDR.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230404_121037887_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230404_121037887_HDR.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 28
Other than the doors, just finished up a laundry / pantry project. All pre-finished birch ply & painted poplar. Extra deep uppers (16")...pantry is 25" deep. Lots of places to put junk.

Attachments

• IMG_20230406_131347930.jpg
    IMG_20230406_131347930.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20230406_140841632.jpg
    IMG_20230406_140841632.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 45
Been a while since I got to do a fun project. This game was introduced to us from friends with family in France. Everyone we play wants one... I've built quite a few & here's another.

Game is called Tac-Tik...

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_160101691.jpg
    IMG_20230410_160101691.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom