What We're Making

^ game looks difficult, but we’ll built

It's quite addictive & easy (with strategy, teams option & a little competition) after a few rounds. We can play a round in less than 30 minutes if not too much chatting. All you need is a deck of cards...

More wildlife art on a barnwood frame. Found rusted hardware at an antique store. Had to buy new lag screws - put them in a mixture of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and salt overnight to age them

QJnn7qch.jpg

Last edited:
More wildlife art on a barnwood frame. Found rusted hardware at an antique store. Had to buy new lag screws - put them in a mixture of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and salt overnight to age them

QJnn7qch.jpg

Nice. Good to know how to age metal..

Ronstar, funny, after reading your post about aging metal, I went to You Tube to catch up on my " Watch later playlist", the first video on my You tube home page about aging metal overnight. Big brother/sister is watching and listening......

Maybe it isn't funny.

Ronstar, funny, after reading your post about aging metal, I went to You Tube to catch up on my " Watch later playlist", the first video on my You tube home page about aging metal overnight. Big brother/sister is watching and listening......

Maybe it isn't funny.

I know - I get the same creepy stuff. How do they know....

So a client wants a dual side access island with integrated power & cooking oil pull out & I reluctantly said "sure, no problem"... Then I started. Well, you can do it, just gotta figure it out... Still have to make the doors that will cover the whole side with the large shelf pull out. Also getting a cherry Boo's butcher block.

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_160925140_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230419_160925140_HDR.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20230417_141146623_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230417_141146623_HDR.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 33
So a client wants a dual side access island with integrated power & cooking oil pull out & I reluctantly said "sure, no problem"... Then I started. Well, you can do it, just gotta figure it out... Still have to make the doors that will cover the whole side with the large shelf pull out. Also getting a cherry Boo's butcher block.

Nice! On the Boos top - can you specify size when you order or do you have to make an island to fit one of their tops?

Nice! On the Boos top - can you specify size when you order or do you have to make an island to fit one of their tops?

They actually pre ordered it. It's a 32x36, so sounds pretty standard, but I bet they will do custom for a price. I wish they contacted me prior to & I'd make it. Also floor and decor have many sizes & variety of woods and I've cut them to "custom" sizes.

Ronstar and Surewhitey, some great stuff once again. Thanks for posting your work

They actually pre ordered it. It's a 32x36, so sounds pretty standard, but I bet they will do custom for a price. I wish they contacted me prior to & I'd make it. Also floor and decor have many sizes & variety of woods and I've cut them to "custom" sizes.

Didn't know that Floor and Decor had butcher block material. Good to know. If I ever make a top as big as yours, I'll probably outsource it because my planer and drum sander won't handle something that big.

Didn't know that Floor and Decor had butcher block material. Good to know. If I ever make a top as big as yours, I'll probably outsource it because my planer and drum sander won't handle something that big.

Yeah, & the most affordable prices in my research. The walnut and maple are ones I've worked most with. I got a hevea top for the shop and love the price & durability...

You have to do a tiny bit of fill & sand, but it's very little. I've used a wipe on Arm R Seal on most & a water based poly (sprayed) on the shop top...none food contact applications.

Last edited:
Some very talented people in here. I'm not good with tools, I mean, I can use them, just don't enjoy it.

I like to cook, and bake bread.

20230408_142928.jpg

Thanks guys.

I've been experimenting with sour dough starter, the results are amazing.

Working on perfecting the english muffins. man, are they good.

Some very talented people in here. I'm not good with tools, I mean, I can use them, just don't enjoy it.

View attachment 45848

WOW, that looks fantastic! My Mom used to bake all of our baked goods. I have tried so many times, even simple recipes, just haven't got the touch, I guess. My breads are rock hard and heavy, have trouble with yeast.

Thanks guys.

I've been experimenting with sour dough starter, the results are amazing.

Working on perfecting the english muffins. man, are they good.
That looks really good. I have never tried English muffins I bet they're really great. I liked baking but haven't done much since we moved to altitude.

This is something I have been making that's not changed much because of altitude. A turkey.

We had a cappuccino out this morning. A waste of $10.
20230427_115759.jpg

Last edited:
This is the latest addition to the family, on the quilt my wife made for him.
He arrived 7 weeks early and spent 3 weeks in the NICU getting up to speed.
We were on the way up to a baby shower to gift the quilt and got the call that the baby wanted to attend in person :)
messages-0-2.jpg

View attachment 45848

Oh My, I'm a bread lover! That looks terrific!

skyking1, that is a beautiful little guy you got there. The quilt is a beautiful piece of work!!

Back
Top Bottom